Re: Interbet.com New Main sponsor

Don't knock Leon Hughes.

As well as Betbro, there is Rhino Recruitment, or Rhino Recruiting, he isn't quite sure what that one is called. Hardly surprising as he is also a director of Hughes Advertising. aka UK Free bets limited.

He is not so much a Captain of industry more a Field Marshall. His figure is on the pulse, his companies are highly recommended and regarded, both nationally and internationally. And that must be true because his linkedin site says so. Okay the Captain, Field Marshall analogy I made up.

Worried? Not me. What could possibly go wrong?

Just to add that according to the directors report he has £0. in the bank and liabilities of £97K.

Come back Jerry Sherman. All is forgiven. 8)

Course I can't find interbet. Could be that they are the South African bookies of the same name and Leon has nothing to do with our new sponsorship. Yes that must be it.

Phew, for a moment I was worried.

To be fair there might be a lot wrong with our football club put the PR side is working because we have fans celebrating a signing who’s legs have gone and is obviously another favour to our favourite agents and now we have fans celebrating our new sponsor who looks like a made up company!

I’m guessing the kids shirts can’t have the sponsor on the shirt so god knows when I will be able to buy one for my kid.

Threadbare wrote:I fear this is a major **** up.
The photograph of JB in a T shirt at RP is very amateurish. The press release also.
Also in previous deals statements were made about "best deal ever", "best in the division" etc.
Perhaps a guideline statement could be made ?
It’s not gonna be the best deal ever when your scrambling around this late looking for someone to sponsor you. Heads should role for this but they won’t and we will continue one. Expect jimmy exile or Alan Bryan to be on here soon telling us how terrible Mr Toms were to the club. And how the previous commercial manager made a terrible deal. So predictable these days.

big baz wrote:Kids shirts had dreams and wishes charity on when we had 32 red so. It worried about that. But i am
Worried about a betting site I’ve never heard of and I like a bet. Hopefully the cheque has cleared
Not worried about the charity baz just wondering whether this will make it a further delay to get these kits out. I’m in France at the moment mate and there’s kids with international and premier league top European shirts. There should be a kid in his newport county top running around but instead I had to buy him a France one.

I just can’t fathom how we are at the end of June and only now announced a kit sponsors. Simply no planning once again.

Bush wrote:
Threadbare wrote:I fear this is a major **** up.
The photograph of JB in a T shirt at RP is very amateurish. The press release also.
Also in previous deals statements were made about "best deal ever", "best in the division" etc.
Perhaps a guideline statement could be made ?
It’s not gonna be the best deal ever when your scrambling around this late looking for someone to sponsor you. Heads should role for this but they won’t and we will continue one. Expect jimmy exile or Alan Bryan to be on here soon telling us how terrible Mr Toms were to the club. And how the previous commercial manager made a terrible deal. So predictable these days.
I know that we shouldn't laugh about this but whenever I think of Alan and Jimmy I see in my mind's eye Dr Evil with Mini Me sat on his shoulder. :lol:

Bush wrote:To be fair there might be a lot wrong with our football club put the PR side is working because we have fans celebrating a signing who’s legs have gone and is obviously another favour to our favourite agents and now we have fans celebrating our new sponsor who looks like a made up company!

I’m guessing the kids shirts can’t have the sponsor on the shirt so god knows when I will be able to buy one for my kid.
When did his legs go? He played International football last November.

Bush wrote:
big baz wrote:Kids shirts had dreams and wishes charity on when we had 32 red so. It worried about that. But i am
Worried about a betting site I’ve never heard of and I like a bet. Hopefully the cheque has cleared
Not worried about the charity baz just wondering whether this will make it a further delay to get these kits out. I’m in France at the moment mate and there’s kids with international and premier league top European shirts. There should be a kid in his newport county top running around but instead I had to buy him a France one.

I just can’t fathom how we are at the end of June and only now announced a kit sponsors. Simply no planning once again.
Totally agree. Back from Spain last week, we go the same time every year and most years get the kids new kits.
I just hope the supplier can sort it in time as they seem crap. I can see is kicking off the season in last years kit and Newport rugby socks

Skate Exile wrote:I don’t think we can blame our Commercial Manager for the deal,
Firstly the way Dr Evil and Mini Me seem to have f@cked off to bed early does tend to suggest that there is truth in the notion that this sponsorship deal is right up there with the Klu Klux Klan sponsoring Tamla Motown.

So if the commercial manager is not to blame, who is?

Percy plunkett wrote:
Bush wrote:To be fair there might be a lot wrong with our football club put the PR side is working because we have fans celebrating a signing who’s legs have gone and is obviously another favour to our favourite agents and now we have fans celebrating our new sponsor who looks like a made up company!

When did his legs go? He played International football last November.
The international with all the pull outs? Chris Coleman’s youngest ever squad picked? How many games did he play for Shrewsbury last season?