Re: The Boys are Back in Town .....

excessbee wrote:Were there 'Newport lyrics'? Other than the prolonged playing at Wembley, I've not really been aware of any connection to the County. The Boys are Back in Town was a good choice for our return from the second exile but that's a long time ago.
Mate, our version of hey Jude was a massive terrace tune for us in the eighties, far more prominent than boys are back in town. There's nothing like a walk on song that gets the crowd singing along to it to. If hi go silver lining can work that way for wolves hey Jude could for us.....

Re: The Boys are Back in Town .....

Devonian Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:Were there 'Newport lyrics'? Other than the prolonged playing at Wembley, I've not really been aware of any connection to the County. The Boys are Back in Town was a good choice for our return from the second exile but that's a long time ago.
Mate, our version of hey Jude was a massive terrace tune for us in the eighties, far more prominent than boys are back in town. There's nothing like a walk on song that gets the crowd singing along to it to. If hi go silver lining can work that way for wolves hey Jude could for us.....
My opinion too