Re: Best signing?

countymadbel wrote:Guys whose your best signing so far this summer and why. Nine has to be Croft an experienced man in middle of park who can dictate play, think we missed that only his fitness is a slight worry
I will let you know in November. Some signings work others don't. It was ever thus.

Bush wrote:Crofts by far the worst signing. Best signing is potentially the right back safest option is to say franks although if we play a back 4 I don’t think he is better than Mickey D or o’brien.

Why do you have it in for Crofts mate he hasn't even played a game for us yet give the lad a chance

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Bush wrote:Crofts by far the worst signing. Best signing is potentially the right back safest option is to say franks although if we play a back 4 I don’t think he is better than Mickey D or o’brien.

Why do you have it in for Crofts mate he hasn't even played a game for us yet give the lad a chance
Can I not have an opinion on a football forum? 34 year old who hasn’t kicked a ball much in anger last year. I personally believe the young lad cooper could be a fantastic signing. Why not critise all the people on here who slagged the signing off? I have nothing against crofts. I was actually impressed with him for Wales 8 years ago. But 8 years is a long time in football. I hope he smashes it for us but at this moment it is my belief it’s a terrible signing. And we have invested too much money (wages) in someone who could be sat in the stand all season.

Marsh-Brown not peaked yet. Bags of potential and talent, has not settled or established himself at a club as yet. Flynny will get the best out of him and will be one of the most exciting players County have signed in a long while. Will score and assist regularly and has a lot to prove and will do this with us. imho.

Bush wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Can I not have an opinion on a football forum? 34 year old who hasn’t kicked a ball much in anger last year. I personally believe the young lad cooper could be a fantastic signing. Why not critise all the people on here who slagged the signing off? I have nothing against crofts. I was actually impressed with him for Wales 8 years ago. But 8 years is a long time in football. I hope he smashes it for us but at this moment it is my belief it’s a terrible signing. And we have invested too much money (wages) in someone who could be sat in the stand all season.
Come on. I hardly think seeking clarification on your opinion is suggesting you cannot have an opinion or is slagging you off.
The very fact we are discussing six new signings across all areas except a 'keeper is the best thing for me, considering there seemed to be concern on this forum, that the club wouldn't be able to afford such a number or quality of players only a few short weeks ago

I fail to see how it is possible to judge a player until we have seen him play a few games? In my view reading Wikipedia does not an insight give.

Frankly for me anyone saying 'great signings' or 'rotten signing' is equally ludicrous. For different reasons a case can be made for all the signings being both good and bad. But we don't know.

Best signing..... Zebra Finance. Because now people can have a Season Ticket who might otherwise not be able. Some will come to 20 games as a result, whereas they may only have gone to 10.....so great signing!

The players I will judge by how they perform given the chance, and that INCLUDES the likes of Lamar Reynolds. We need to keep this group together and see what it can do with the other additions. It's all about the players around you at the time. Shipping players out on loan before we've seen what they can do is counterproductive.

newgroundrodney wrote:Best signing..... Zebra Finance. Because now people can have a Season Ticket who might otherwise not be able. Some will come to 20 games as a result, whereas they may only have gone to 10.....so great signing!

The players I will judge by how they perform given the chance, and that INCLUDES the likes of Lamar Reynolds. We need to keep this group together and see what it can do with the other additions. It's all about the players around you at the time. Shipping players out on loan before we've seen what they can do is counterproductive.
Well said

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:I appreciate that he wasn’t signed this Summer but Sheehan could be like a new signing with a full pre-season behind him. In the couple of games I saw him play towards the end of the season I could see brief flashes of his potential.
Agree with this.