Re: Interesting

Bush wrote:
CTY74 wrote:
Bush wrote:Didn’t warnock say he wouldn’t deal with us again?
I think he will as he's just £30m on 4 new players and still wants to bring in more so players such as Healy, Lee Camp, Stuart O'Keefe, Kadeem Harris etc plus a few more will be moved on permanently or loaned out..
I’d take all 4 although can’t see camp and o’keefe dropping down to us and Harris has already turned us down previously. If we only end up with Healy I would be very happy.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Lee Camp back at Loftus Rd. He played against us for Sunderland (I was there) at the end of last season. With Alex Smithies gone to join Warnock at Cardiff, Camp to return to us would not be unpopular considering the welcome we gave him at Loftus Rd.

Bush wrote:
CTY74 wrote:
I think he will as he's just £30m on 4 new players and still wants to bring in more so players such as Healy, Lee Camp, Stuart O'Keefe, Kadeem Harris etc plus a few more will be moved on permanently or loaned out..
I’d take all 4 although can’t see camp and o’keefe dropping down to us and Harris has already turned us down previously. If we only end up with Healy I would be very happy.
Well O'Keefe was at Portsmouth last season but got an injured so they didn't take the transfer option up so you never know & Camp was at Sunderland & didn't really take his opportunity there, as for Harris I wasn't aware he turned County down and due to injury he barely played last year.
Mark Harris & Cameron Coxe would be good loan options both young hungry & Welsh

rdh2210 wrote:Didn't Healy sign a new 2 1/2 year contract last March?
Any move must be a loan move with Cardiff paying a significant part of his wage I would assume???
I don't really know how the financing of loan deals works. Is it more advantageous for the parent club to have him off the payroll temporarily, or is it more advantageous to us to have him available to play? What would be a fair split? 50/50?.... If a player earns £5k a week at his parent club, can we afford to pay 50%?......would we be expected to?
Or are these things negotiated on a case by case basis? Is it true that some clubs pay a FEE just to sign a loan player?

newgroundrodney wrote:
Any move must be a loan move with Cardiff paying a significant part of his wage I would assume???
I don't really know how the financing of loan deals works. Is it more advantageous for the parent club to have him off the payroll temporarily, or is it more advantageous to us to have him available to play? What would be a fair split? 50/50?.... If a player earns £5k a week at his parent club, can we afford to pay 50%?......would we be expected to?
Or are these things negotiated on a case by case basis? Is it true that some clubs pay a FEE just to sign a loan player?
The loan market is utterly for the benefit of bigger clubs. They trawl up all the talent and then use the loan system to pay for it. Believe me if John Aldridge was playing today we'd only have him on a season long loan.

Football is dictated to by money. Anyone who believes that the loan system helps the likes of Newport County can park that idea with financial fair play.

George Street-Bridge wrote:How was Ben White spending last season with us anything but a win-win-win for all three parties?
It's the system George.

Brighton can trawl up talent. For every Ben White there are ten who don't make the grade. And at 16 you can't distinguish. 30 years ago Ben White might have been our player to sell.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
The loan market is utterly for the benefit of bigger clubs. They trawl up all the talent and then use the loan system to pay for it. Believe me if John Aldridge was playing today we'd only have him on a season long loan.

Football is dictated to by money. Anyone who believes that the loan system helps the likes of Newport County can park that idea with financial fair play.

I take your point, but what about the actual financing of it? Who usually pays what? Or is it purely a matter of negotiation?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:How was Ben White spending last season with us anything but a win-win-win for all three parties?
It's the system George.

Brighton can trawl up talent. For every Ben White there are ten who don't make the grade. And at 16 you can't distinguish. 30 years ago Ben White might have been our player to sell.
At 16 and well before that age the club's know who the one is and who the other 10 are almost 100%

Anybody who has spent time inside an academy can see it, except the parents

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
It's the system George.

At 16 and well before that age the club's know who the one is and who the other 10 are almost 100%

Anybody who has spent time inside an academy can see it, except the parents
No. They know the 100 who won't make it. Of the remaining 10 they don't know the one who will.

My experience tells me the complete opposite.

At all three of the academies I have been involved with (two of them Premiership academies) they have had about 20 16 year olds on their books at any one time. The staff know the 2 or 3 from that group who will make it. The rest are there to make up a squad. Most of these players have been with them for years and most of them are written off years before they are released. It is a horrible system.

No, this is what Warnock actually said to the BBC in 2016.

"I've no idea if Rhys will move. Last time I spoke to Graham, if I thought it was beneficial to let him stay I would have let him stay," he said.

"But the current situation is not helping. I believe you should talk manager to manager about things, not through the papers.

"I have no intention of selling him. We've got three other young lads from the Under-23s Newport want a look at and by all means, I don't mind helping them out, but that's another matter."