The only show in town.

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

The only show in town.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 2nd, 2018, 11:57 am

Let's draw a line. Lunchtime 2nd July 2018.
-------------- :grin: little joke there. But from now on a really serious post.

Unless the directors of Newport County have completely lost their senses they must realize that there is only one option.

They enter talks with Newport City Council with one goal in mind. The only way to save our club is for Newport City Council to buy Rodney Parade. Having done so they let the stadium to both Newport County and the premier rugby team in the town.

I suspect that this has already begun. I would hope so. It is my view that the Council will need to be lobbied as to why such an action and expenditure will be good for the followers of both codes and generally for the good folk of our beloved Newport.

To lobby effectively we all need to be involved. Letters to councillors, the press, a media campaign. Full on 100% commitment. It really is now or never. I am tired of being embarrassed by my town. Tired of listening to the same old voices telling us why we can't go forward. I truly believe that there is now our best chance of creating for ourselves a better future. However I also believe that this might also be our last chance.

Time for Newport County AFC to come out and say what needs to be done and to embrace the supporters and ask us to be involved. Please don't use that old cliche of this being a delicate situation. After 30 years time for us all to show a bit of cohones.
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Re: The only show in town.

Postby newgroundrodney » July 2nd, 2018, 12:11 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Let's draw a line. Lunchtime 2nd July 2018.

Unless the directors of Newport County have completely lost their senses they must realize that there is only one option.

They enter talks with Newport City Council with one goal in mind. The only way to save our club is for Newport City Council to buy Rodney Parade. Having done so they let the stadium to both Newport County and the premier rugby team in the town.

I suspect that this has already begun. I would hope so. It is my view that the Council will need to be lobbied as to why such an action and expenditure will be good for the followers of both codes and generally for the good folk of our beloved Newport.

To lobby effectively we all need to be involved. Letters to councillors, the press, a media campaign. Full on 100% commitment. It really is now or never. I am tired of being embarrassed by my town. Tired of listening to the same old voices telling us why we can't go forward. I truly believe that there is now our best chance of creating for ourselves a better future. However I also believe that this might also be our last chance.

Time for Newport County AFC to come out and say what needs to be done and to embrace the supporters and ask us to be involved. Please don't use that old cliche of this being a delicate situation. After 30 years time for us all to show a bit of cohones.

The council buy a stadium and rent it out to us?.... We don't have the best of track records with Newport Council do we:

Somebody explain the comments at 11:54 - 13:05 ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMSIfTDX9Q
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » July 2nd, 2018, 12:21 pm

I think NCC missed the boat,what where they thinking about when they let the wru buy it for a song, it will cost a lot more to crow bar their shifty mitts off it, though they do still holds some cards, as in denying planning permission etc
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 2nd, 2018, 12:50 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:I think NCC missed the boat,what where they thinking about when they let the wru buy it for a song, it will cost a lot more to crow bar their shifty mitts off it, though they do still holds some cards, as in denying planning permission etc

Your logic is correct. However you have missed the obvious point.

Being able to deny planning permission is not just any card, it is the ace of trumps.
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » July 2nd, 2018, 12:54 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:I think NCC missed the boat,what where they thinking about when they let the wru buy it for a song, it will cost a lot more to crow bar their shifty mitts off it, though they do still holds some cards, as in denying planning permission etc

Your logic is correct. However you have missed the obvious point.

Being able to deny planning permission is not just any card, it is the ace of trumps.

Could they deny planning permission just to be awkward?.. wouldn't they need to demonstrate sound reason for denying any application?
no avatar
User

Colin Faulkner

Postby Colin Faulkner » July 2nd, 2018, 1:30 pm

Please see page 2 at https://www.newport-county.co.uk/siteas ... .04.18.pdf
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » July 2nd, 2018, 4:36 pm

Colin Faulkner wrote:

Are the minutes of the June board meeting available yet?

EDITED: The May minutes say the next Board meeting is July 5th - is that a typo, or did the Board not meet in June?
Last edited by whoareya on July 2nd, 2018, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

frostyjohn

Postby frostyjohn » July 2nd, 2018, 5:38 pm

Newport City Council had nothing whatsoever to do with the sale of RP. Existing Directors of Newport RFC were willing to sell only to the WRU as a means of retaining professional rugby in Newport.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » July 2nd, 2018, 5:52 pm

Colin Faulkner wrote:

I hope you don't mind but what does the following mean "contracts for GDPR and Safeguarding compliance."?
no avatar
User

Colin Faulkner

Postby Colin Faulkner » July 2nd, 2018, 6:22 pm

The Newport wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:

I hope you don't mind but what does the following mean "contracts for GDPR and Safeguarding compliance."?

No problem at all.

An IT company has been subcontracted to ensure that we remain GDPR compliant at all times with all our data that is stored

The EFL requires a Safeguarding audit across the club including the Academy, CitC, volunteers etc. As you can imagine with recent events they need to ensure that anyone vulnerable is looked after correctly and that the club has processes etc in place to deal with any potential issues.
no avatar
User

Colin Faulkner

Postby Colin Faulkner » July 2nd, 2018, 6:24 pm

whoareya wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:

EDITED: The May minutes say the next Board meeting is July 5th - is that a typo, or did the Board not meet in June?

There was a meeting then and they’ll be out very soon. Apologies for the delay
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » July 2nd, 2018, 6:36 pm

Colin Faulkner wrote:
The Newport wrote:

No problem at all.

An IT company has been subcontracted to ensure that we remain GDPR compliant at all times with all our data that is stored

The EFL requires a Safeguarding audit across the club including the Academy, CitC, volunteers etc. As you can imagine with recent events they need to ensure that anyone vulnerable is looked after correctly and that the club has processes etc in place to deal with any potential issues.

****Starts countdown clock to 'someone' asking if the IT contract was tendered and what was the cost of the awarded contract****
no avatar
User

Colin Faulkner

Postby Colin Faulkner » July 4th, 2018, 6:34 pm

whoareya wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:

Minutes now available at https://www.newport-county.co.uk/siteas ... .06.18.pdf
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 12th, 2018, 10:18 am

Gentlemen, ladies,

Read that which I wrote. Not what George Street Bridge says I wrote.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 12th, 2018, 10:48 am

I don't see any difference between "there's only one show in town" and "unless they have taken leave of their senses, there's only one option". [Edit to add: In other words, if lobbying for a council-safeguarded stake in RP is essential, by the same token so must staying there be.]

I would have thought lobbying the council to buy at least a stake being the best outcome is so obvious it barely needs stating.

But absolutely crucial to keep details under very close wraps and most particularly out of the hands of anyone who has demonstrated they can't keep confidences from within the club.
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on July 12th, 2018, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next