Re: Lamar Reynolds released and signed for Dagenham

Elite Management have clarified that there is no up front fee but a Sell on %....

@Dom_Yarwood
For the sake of clarity an ‘undisclosed fee’ in this instance and many others does not involve any guaranteed financial payment....it is simply the retention of a sell-on % for the previous club (Newport County) should the player be sold for a transfer fee (by Dag & Red)

Ugo. wrote:Elite Management have clarified that there is no up front fee but a Sell on %....

@Dom_Yarwood
For the sake of clarity an ‘undisclosed fee’ in this instance and many others does not involve any guaranteed financial payment....it is simply the retention of a sell-on % for the previous club (Newport County) should the player be sold for a transfer fee (by Dag & Red)
Does that even qualify as being a "fee"?

Bush wrote:
Amberexile wrote:An Elite Management player leaves
Should never have been signed. Can’t be arsed to get into the ins and outs of this deal due to the bellends that will join in on this but this is one of the dodgiest Newport county signings of all time. And I will leave it at that.
Go on Bush spill the beans! Very interested to know why this deal was so dodgy (straight up)
Rich

rdh2210 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Amberexile wrote:An Elite Management player leaves
Should never have been signed. Can’t be arsed to get into the ins and outs of this deal due to the bellends that will join in on this but this is one of the dodgiest Newport county signings of all time. And I will leave it at that.
Go on Bush spill the beans! Very interested to know why this deal was so dodgy (straight up)
Rich
Too many things in this deal simply don't make sense to me.

A player who plays who far down the pyramid somehow ends up with a two year contract at a league club. Normally players would go on trial. We haven't scouted him or given him a trial but he ends up with a two year contract. He also happens to be with the same agency as the manager. an agency that is all over this club. So somehow the club went to the Vardy school and ended up with a player under the same agency as the manager.

Like we did with Washington he should have been looked after and spent last season learning to be a professional but after a few months he was shipped off to a team managed by another elite management client and the move was totally the wrong move so what say did the club have in this move? He was dreadful for us but somehow ends up at a bigger club in the league below.

Now we have released him from his contract but his agents are saying he has been signed for a fee by another club and then had to clarify that they meant we have a sell on fee. Although even that doesn't make sense. if he has a superb season he walks out for free end of the season and we don't get anything!

Another worry for me is the manager saying releasing him will free up funds for a new loan signing. Releasing a player who player in a parks league shouldn't free up that much money! so be very interesting to see how much we paid him last year.

From start to finish this move has been a head scratcher. None of it makes sense. although a friend said to me today maybe we took him on as a favour to elite management to sign another one of their clients that we really wanted.

Bush wrote:
rdh2210 wrote:
Bush wrote:An Elite Management player leaves

Rich
Too many things in this deal simply don't make sense to me.

A player who plays who far down the pyramid somehow ends up with a two year contract at a league club. Normally players would go on trial. We haven't scouted him or given him a trial but he ends up with a two year contract. He also happens to be with the same agency as the manager. an agency that is all over this club. So somehow the club went to the Vardy school and ended up with a player under the same agency as the manager.

Like we did with Washington he should have been looked after and spent last season learning to be a professional but after a few months he was shipped off to a team managed by another elite management client and the move was totally the wrong move so what say did the club have in this move? He was dreadful for us but somehow ends up at a bigger club in the league below.

Now we have released him from his contract but his agents are saying he has been signed for a fee by another club and then had to clarify that they meant we have a sell on fee. Although even that doesn't make sense. if he has a superb season he walks out for free end of the season and we don't get anything!

Another worry for me is the manager saying releasing him will free up funds for a new loan signing. Releasing a player who player in a parks league shouldn't free up that much money! so be very interesting to see how much we paid him last year.

From start to finish this move has been a head scratcher. None of it makes sense. although a friend said to me today maybe we took him on as a favour to elite management to sign another one of their clients that we really wanted.
Yes the more you look into it I see what you are saying..... interesting stuff!

Alan G Bryant wrote:Nothing in this for me , people conveniently forget there were a host of clubs in for Lamar at the time, hence the two year contract to secure his signature. One of the only ways this club can survive is to develop talent and take a chance on players down the pyramid. Lamar did not work out, it happens. To suggest anything dodgy has happened is a major dig at Mike Flynn's character.
No one was after him! Ha. If they were he would be at Northampton a league higher were their manager is a client of the agency! Other clubs after him was utter bollox. If they were like any other proper club they would be offering him a trial. Two year contract for a parks player. Couldn’t make it up.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Nothing in this for me , people conveniently forget there were a host of clubs in for Lamar at the time, hence the two year contract to secure his signature. One of the only ways this club can survive is to develop talent and take a chance on players down the pyramid. Lamar did not work out, it happens. To suggest anything dodgy has happened is a major dig at Mike Flynn's character.
No one was after him! Ha. If they were he would be at Northampton a league higher were their manager is a client of the agency! Other clubs after him was utter bollox. If they were like any other proper club they would be offering him a trial. Two year contract for a parks player. Couldn’t make it up.

So you question Flynn's integrity by saying it was a dodgy deal and now you call him a liar, I am really not sure why you bother supporting our club as it causes you so much angst.

"I'm really pleased Lamar has decided to sign. I know a lot of teams were interested in him over the summer," manager Mike Flynn said.

"A few clubs were interested in me, but Newport showed the most interest. I am delighted to join," Reynolds said.

"The gaffer was also a big factor in signing after seeing what he did at the end of last season. I see a bright future for me with this club."

Why not come out and tell us why it was so dodgy ? Who benefited financially ?

Two year deal for a parks player. Yes I find that deal dodgy. Alan Bryant you can say stuff about Flynny but you won’t find anywhere I accused him of anything. Just more distraction tactics from you.

Why didn’t he sign for Northampton, gillingham or Colchester when the Chairman was telling everyone in the club we were gonna make 500k off him in January. Who fucked up alan? Why didn’t we scout him? Why did the manager give up on him after a few months? Why was he moved to the most inappropriate club in the conference? How come you were on here in jan telling people he didn’t work hard enough? What’s the real story Alan? Who got paid from this transfer to Dagenham?

Bush wrote:
Danny Newton got a 2 year deal off the back of the same Vardy Academy as Reynolds. Macclesfield and Scunthorpe have both signed a player on a two year deal from it this summer. It's always a gamble picking up players from non-league and it didn't work for us. I'd like to think it was a genuine gamble, rather than anything else you seem to suggest.