Re: A Fans Rep

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Brendan,would you like to respond to the suggestion made by Rob S.
Thank you for your consideration. Sadly if you look in an atlas, or online, and see precisely where County Leitrim is, I think other than my ever useful opinions, offering my time might be a tad difficult.

Indeed last season I was only able to get to five games. Nonetheless I must say having read the latest minutes that the long awaited communication between the club and the supporters has finally begun.
I am well aware of your new location but,you don't have to live in Newport to help.You tell us of your in-depth knowledge of Employment Law,Lease Agreements,Player Contracts etc and where the Club continue to get it wrong.You could help them get things right by email,Skype or any other method of your choice.You don't even need to leave your house to help,just give up some spare time.Contact GF and offer your services rather than moan about what should be done.As Rob says,let's pull together.

Don't think there would be interest in anything other than Super Injunctions or negotiating Ronaldo's move to RP..........

Bush wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Are you saying that the falling-out and subsequent leaving is the fault of the incumbents? Nothing to do with clashes of personality, power struggles etc. - you know, regular business occurrences ?
I’m confused here. Isn’t this exactly what I said? I have an issue when people say people leave this club due to abuse from fans. This simply isn’t true. Fall outs between the board will always be the biggest issue at this club.
Beautifully argued point.

I can't speak for Whereishe but if you were against me in court and had produced an argument that over powering I would concede defeat.

Quite simply there's no coming back from that.

Bush wrote:
I’m confused here. Isn’t this exactly what I said? I have an issue when people say people leave this club due to abuse from fans. This simply isn’t true. Fall outs between the board will always be the biggest issue at this club.
Your first line referred to the toxic atmosphere being created by board members, but you've now clarified it that you meant board members come and go through fall-outs, not because of alleged toxic atmosphere.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Are you saying that the falling-out and subsequent leaving is the fault of the incumbents? Nothing to do with clashes of personality, power struggles etc. - you know, regular business occurrences ?
Beautifully argued point.

I can't speak for Whereishe but if you were against me in court and had produced an argument that over powering I would concede defeat.

Quite simply there's no coming back from that.
Whereishe?

Is that another of your little jokes?

Tart.

whoareya wrote:
Bush wrote:
Your first line referred to the toxic atmosphere being created by board members, but you've now clarified it that you meant board members come and go through fall-outs, not because of alleged toxic atmosphere.
There is a toxic atmosphere that over the years is created by paranoia. Been the same for every board I can remember. The trouble is some will use the excuse that it’s fan abuse that forces them out when it simply isn’t. As far as i am aware since watching county since 2001 I have never seen a fan protest against the board. A football club is only as strong as it’s board. We will never progress while there are factions. There’s no surprise that our most successful period was when everyone was nodding and agreeing with les. As soon as those relationships fell apart we were back struggling.

whoareya wrote:
Whereishe?

Tart.
Yes.

And my apologies, I had forgotten that you are not a good humoured fellow at the best of times. Having been utterly crushed by Bush as you were I should not have made a joke at your expense. Even though I was trying to lighten the mood I should have said nothing. In my profession having an opponent totally out argue me and make me seem an utter fool is something that has happened to me more than once. I know how you feel and I should have been more thoughtful.

Again my apologies.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Whereishe?

Tart.
Yes.

And my apologies, I had forgotten that you are not a good humoured fellow at the best of times. Having been utterly crushed by Bush as you were I should not have made a joke at your expense. Even though I was trying to lighten the mood I should have said nothing. In my profession having an opponent totally out argue me and make me seem an utter fool is something that has happened to me more than once. I know how you feel and I should have been more thoughtful.

Again my apologies.
No problem - after all there is a poster on another thread giving out cringe-worthy advice about women.

Now that would be utterly crushing.

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Whereishe?

Tart.
Yes.

Again my apologies.
No problem - after all there is a poster on another thread giving out cringe-worthy advice about women.

Now that would be utterly crushing.
I know that for you it probably is, hence my advice. Best of luck using it.

Come come Brendan,it's not you being self effacing.Many times you have made scathing remarks about the Club making mistakes and you have been adamant that your views are right.Now,when asked to put those views into practice,you now say you might not be right and you are afraid of being wrong.

Percy plunkett wrote:Come come Brendan,it's not you being self effacing.Many times you have made scathing remarks about the Club making mistakes and you have been adamant that your views are right.Now,when asked to put those views into practice,you now say you might not be right and you are afraid of being wrong.
Hi Percy,

To act for Newport County as a lawyer I would need about £12,000 in order to do it properly. I am prepared to work for free and to pick up half the expense, £6,000. If you or indeed any one else wishes to pick up the tab for the other £6K I merely await Gavin's call.

Can't speak fairer than that.

Just as well the board are prepared to work for nothing as well as giving their time free.We would be in a mess if every director charged for their advice and had to read it from a book before they give it.Decisions need to be made on a daily basis,there isn't always time to check every detail.They will make mistakes but at least they are not afraid to stand up and be counted.

Percy plunkett wrote:Just as well the board are prepared to work for nothing as well as giving their time free.We would be in a mess if every director charged for their advice and had to read it from a book before they give it.Decisions need to be made on a daily basis,there isn't always time to check every detail.They will make mistakes but at least they are not afraid to stand up and be counted.
Let's talk about our differences at the Bristol City friendly. As the commited supporters we are I'm sure we can iron out any little difficulties between us.
As you say let's all pull together.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Just as well the board are prepared to work for nothing as well as giving their time free.We would be in a mess if every director charged for their advice and had to read it from a book before they give it.Decisions need to be made on a daily basis,there isn't always time to check every detail.They will make mistakes but at least they are not afraid to stand up and be counted.
Let's talk about our differences at the Bristol City friendly. As the commited supporters we are I'm sure we can iron out any little difficulties between us.
As you say let's all pull together.
If it goes ahead!