Re: A Fans Rep

UPTHEPORT wrote:Said it before but I think we need one independent of Borad and Trust to take on people's concerns
But that's the point. We are a fans owned and run club. It appears that Rob and Colin are aware of that, they acted quickly and efficiently to sort out problems that other fans were experiencing.

Too many on our board of directors seem to think that it is their right to be directors. Thankfully there are at least two and I suspect more who realize that it is a privilege.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Said it before but I think we need one independent of Borad and Trust to take on people's concerns
But that's the point. We are a fans owned and run club. It appears that Rob and Colin are aware of that, they acted quickly and efficiently to sort out problems that other fans were experiencing.

Too many on our board of directors seem to think that it is their right to be directors. Thankfully there are at least two and I suspect more who realize that it is a privilege.
"Too many on our board of directors seem to think it is their right to be directors

Having been elected by us, surely that gives them the right., or am I missing something?

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

"Too many on our board of directors seem to think it is their right to be directors

Having been elected by us, surely that gives them the right., or am I missing something?
Forgive me.

I should have said too many of the directors seem to believe that they have their office by right. They don't it is a privilege.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Despite promises the recent intake have remained remarkably quiet.

guest101 wrote:

Having been elected by us, surely that gives them the right., or am I missing something?[/quote]

Despite promises the recent intake have remained remarkably quiet.[/quote]

The recent intake might not be on here
replying to every rumour or fan question. The recent intake have been sorting out fan questionnaires attending meetings. sorting out an income stream that could be our third biggest money income. meeting with the academy. setting up a temporary ticket office. sorting out a potential club pop up shop within the city. that’s just a few things they along with other board members they have been doing. If you can spare some time give us a call matey 07989448692
rob.santwris@ail.co.uk. let’s all work together
anyone can pretend to run a club in cyber space it’s slightly different in the real world.

Rob[/quote]

Hi Rob,

Can you comment on when the new club shop will be open and whether FBT are fitting it out as per the design shown by Alex at one of the recent open meetings?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Bob Herrin said he was hands on and would do what is needed; he is

Kev Ward said the club needs to be run as a business and stronger communication with the fans; he’s working hard with other Directors on the business side and the redacted minutes from Board meetings are shared

Ryan said about transparency and his skills with youth football; he is the director responsible for the Academy, picked up issues on it. If you were at the recent Open Meeting you will have noticed the honesty about our situation and that Ryan is representing supporters

Rob said the club needs revenue and is accessible. He sorted out a commercial brochure has brought ideas for income that are being developed and has shared contact details and invited people to meet him for a chat.

So which promises have not been upheld?

Colin Faulkner wrote:

Kev Ward said the club needs to be run as a business and stronger communication with the fans; he’s working hard with other Directors on the business side and the redacted minutes from Board meetings are shared

Ryan said about transparency and his skills with youth football; he is the director responsible for the Academy, picked up issues on it. If you were at the recent Open Meeting you will have noticed the honesty about our situation and that Ryan is representing supporters

Rob said the club needs revenue and is accessible. He sorted out a commercial brochure has brought ideas for income that are being developed and has shared contact details and invited people to meet him for a chat.

I agree entirely.

It is not that the new directors are or should be above criticism.

However, we are receiving the minutes of board meetings. There are open fans forums. The difficulties experienced by supporters re season tickets were sorted by the new intake.

On transparency things are getting better. To use the oldest cliche of the lot Rome wasn't built in a day.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:

I agree entirely.

It is not that the new directors are or should be above criticism.

However, we are receiving the minutes of board meetings. There are open fans forums. The difficulties experienced by supporters re season tickets were sorted by the new intake.

On transparency things are getting better. To use the oldest cliche of the lot Rome wasn't built in a day.
So when you wrote that "too many of the directors seem to believe that they have their office by right. They don't it is a privilege."

Are you going to say who you mean, despite the new intake saying the directors are working hard behind the scenes?

whoareya wrote:
So when you wrote that "too many of the directors seem to believe that they have their office by right. They don't it is a privilege."

Are you going to say who you mean, despite the new intake saying the directors are working hard behind the scenes?

Working hard and thinking that you hold your position by privilege are not mutually exclusive.

I have been impressed that the minutes are produced, I have been impressed that problems experienced by supporters and expressed on here have been dealt with by the new intake.

I am very impressed that four of the new intake not only use this board to communicate but also do so without hiding their identity.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:

Working hard and thinking that you hold your position by privilege are not mutually exclusive.

I have been impressed that the minutes are produced, I have been impressed that problems experienced by supporters and expressed on here have been dealt with by the new intake.

I am very impressed that four of the new intake not only use this board to communicate but also do so without hiding their identity.
So that's a no then. Thought so.