Re: A Fans Rep

excessbee wrote:Maybe it's just the new board members get a honeymoon period and after that, it's open season. That may be about eighteen months but the more time and effort all board members put in the better the experience for all.
The honeymoon period less for the relationships between the directors old and new. already have people linked to old board members making comments about the new directors.

Percy plunkett wrote:Brendan,would you like to respond to the suggestion made by Rob S.
Thank you for your consideration. Sadly if you look in an atlas, or online, and see precisely where County Leitrim is, I think other than my ever useful opinions, offering my time might be a tad difficult.

Indeed last season I was only able to get to five games. Nonetheless I must say having read the latest minutes that the long awaited communication between the club and the supporters has finally begun.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Brendan,would you like to respond to the suggestion made by Rob S.
Thank you for your consideration. Sadly if you look in an atlas, or online, and see precisely where County Leitrim is, I think other than my ever useful opinions, offering my time might be a tad difficult.

Indeed last season I was only able to get to five games. Nonetheless I must say having read the latest minutes that the long awaited communication between the club and the supporters has finally begun.
I am well aware of your new location but,you don't have to live in Newport to help.You tell us of your in-depth knowledge of Employment Law,Lease Agreements,Player Contracts etc and where the Club continue to get it wrong.You could help them get things right by email,Skype or any other method of your choice.You don't even need to leave your house to help,just give up some spare time.Contact GF and offer your services rather than moan about what should be done.As Rob says,let's pull together.

George Street-Bridge wrote:In the recent survey I voted against continued full trust ownership for the sole reason that abuse via social media must mean the pool of potential volunteers will soon be fished dry.
I don't know. Whilst I agree that likening a person to a dog sniffing out turds in the park is very unpleasant, this type of abuse tends to be far more prevalent from those who are never critical of the club.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I am well aware of your new location but,you don't have to live in Newport to help.You tell us of your in-depth knowledge of Employment Law,Lease Agreements,Player Contracts etc and where the Club continue to get it wrong.You could help them get things right by email,Skype or any other method of your choice.You don't even need to leave your house to help,just give up some spare time.Contact GF and offer your services rather than moan about what should be done.As Rob says,let's pull together.
Morning Percy,

Unfortunately I no longer practise. Which means not that I can't advise but it would create two problems.

Firstly law is fluid. I would not be up to date in many areas. However that is a problem that can be overcome. It is said that lawyers know very little law but their skill is in knowing where to go to look it up. The cost of internet access to all the law reports I would need I doubt would come to over £10,000 per annum. Also of course I am no longer insured. This could be overcome by a contribution of perhaps £2,000.

Now I will gladly avail my time for free. If you could therefore pm me on this and credit my bank account for £12,000 I think we should then approach Newport County AFC together. Actually I am so impressed by your selfless gesture that I will meet you half way. I will still give up my time for free and you need only send me £6,000.

Failing this I would suggest that the club do two things. Firstly never again be so stupid as to fire staff without giving reasons or going through a proper disciplinary procedure. Secondly paying on an ad hoc basis when and if they need good legal advice.

Best regards,

Stan aka Brendan.

George Street-Bridge wrote:In the recent survey I voted against continued full trust ownership for the sole reason that abuse via social media must mean the pool of potential volunteers will soon be fished dry.
Can you name the volunteers that have been forced out due to online abuse?

George Street-Bridge wrote:It's all about the atmosphere created around the club, going back to Blight Out. I'm amazed Les Scadding - who in the end I was happy to see leave - stuck it as long as he did given all the people without a pot to p1ss in who were jealous of his holidays.
You mean Chris blight who ran the club into the ground that season who used an apparent abusive phone call has an excuse to jump.

George Street-Bridge wrote:It's all about the atmosphere created around the club, going back to Blight Out. I'm amazed Les Scadding - who in the end I was happy to see leave - stuck it as long as he did given all the people without a pot to p1ss in who were jealous of his holidays.
You taking the moral high ground when it comes to giving out abuse is akin to to Al Capone complaining about people double parking.

Nice to see that you regard people who have very limited incomes as being people 'without a pot to piss in'. My own view is that I would like to see our football club as part of the Newport community. Something accessible to all, regardless of income.

I have been very fortunate in that I have never had to worry about paying the gas bill or having to choose between watching County and going out on a Saturday night. Some people are not so fortunate. Try to remember that.

The toxic atmosphere created in this club is by board members. Has been for as long as I can remember. Anything posted on here has generally come from board members one way or another. You can’t name anyone who left the board due to supporter abuse but I can name plenty who left due to falling out with other board members from Matt southall upto Charlie Hopkins.

Bush wrote:
The toxic atmosphere created in this club is by board members. Has been for as long as I can remember. Anything posted on here has generally come from board members one way or another. You can’t name anyone who left the board due to supporter abuse but I can name plenty who left due to falling out with other board members from Matt southall upto Charlie Hopkins.
Are you saying that the falling-out and subsequent leaving is the fault of the incumbents? Nothing to do with clashes of personality, power struggles etc. - you know, regular business occurrences ?

whoareya wrote:
Bush wrote:
Are you saying that the falling-out and subsequent leaving is the fault of the incumbents? Nothing to do with clashes of personality, power struggles etc. - you know, regular business occurrences ?

Are you suggesting that he is?

whoareya wrote:
Bush wrote:
I’m confused here. Isn’t this exactly what I said? I have an issue when people say people leave this club due to abuse from fans. This simply isn’t true. Fall outs between the board will always be the biggest issue at this club.