Re: Informed sources tell me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Triangle wrote:Stan certainly not the agressive ultimatum giving one. I hope neither. They are colleagues and should not shit where they eat as the expression goes. It is not high school.
Spencer.

What on earth are you on about?
Having joined this forum quite recently, and read some quite childish petty name calling between some posters i was beginning to wonder why i still bother with it. I must say however these last few post have greatly amused me, if only for the almost inadvertent comedic comments. Long live the county and it's inane, crazy yet fantastic supporters

The Newport wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He's got a pretty successful clothing business so I don't think he's going to struggle to pay the bills ...

Any chance of having the name of his Clothing Business please?

L'avenir London isn't it? Something like that. Been around about 2yrs but got a big push this year. Apparently doing well.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:
How is it weakness? Still don’t get this. The guy currently doesn’t have a knee good enough to play under 6’s football. We offered him a contract and basically he has till the time he gets fit to sign it. What is the rush? We were trying to sign someone who wouldn’t be ready till jan at the earliest. The club thought they had a chance of signing someone who if fit wouldn’t sign with us. I don’t see any issue with how this has been handled from the club or even joss’s point of view.
By way of analogy.

Imagine there are two equally attractive men who find one of their female colleagues very attractive. Both men are single, as is the woman, both good looking, both thoroughly decent chaps.

The first chap asks the woman on a date. Dinner on Saturday night. She says she'll think about it. Our man rings her the next day but she's still thinking it over. So he rings her again the next day. She still ponders.

At this juncture chap number two calls and asks her out on a date also. Coincidentally dinner on Saturday night. Our fair and lovely young woman says she'll think about it. However man number two says, no sorry, I really like you but you're not the only fish in the sea. If I haven't heard by five o'clock I'll take it as a no and move on.

Now who do you think gets the dinner date?
Neither. She was from Pill and only wanted a pie and a pint in the Waterloo.

Exile 1976 wrote:
The Newport wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He's got a pretty successful clothing business so I don't think he's going to struggle to pay the bills ...

Any chance of having the name of his Clothing Business please?

L'avenir London isn't it? Something like that. Been around about 2yrs but got a big push this year. Apparently doing well.
Thanks for that much appreciated.

Bush wrote:
lowandhard wrote:If that’s the case it underlines the opinion I have of some footballers these days. Despite the hicks up the road being apparently unwilling to commit until his fitness is proved if the January transfer info is true, he’s willing to chance it to get a bigger payday. This despite the fact that we gave him his chance and further committed to support him during his recuperation and have been good with him throughout.
At least Flynn can now finalise his plans without him, perhaps we’ll be better off without him long term, he was either injured or suspended for a considerable number of games when with us anyway. Thanks for your efforts Labadie but why you’d choose that option when you could play for a proper football club mystifies me.
I’d argue it would be typical of a modern day player to sign a long term deal with us even though he wants to leave just so he gets paid. Fair play to him if he is will to walk away and get fit before joining a club. Don’t see enough kids of this. We have even had players say they are so homesick they want to leave us but not want to rip up their contracts and still want us to pay them to leave. I wish him well if he leaves.

In regards to Neil’s question about him being one of the high earners surely the new season budget was based on his new contract offer which would be nowhere near what he was on.

So you think that when we offered the new contract to Labadie he was offered less wages to sign up again ??? I dont.

Given that MF rates him so high , there was interest off other clubs in the January transfer window I reckon the club offered him higher wages to sign again...His injury came at an unfortunate time for us and him.
He has had long enough to consider the contract offer he was made by the club and obviously thinks/knows he can get a better deal elsewhere, good luck to the guy if he can but all this waiting isn't doing MF any good.
Give him the ultimatum, sign by 'x date' or cut the ties and move on and finalise his squad.

who knows MF could miss out on a decent player whilst he is waiting for a guy to sign who has no interest in signing again for us ?

Exile 1976 wrote:In fairness to Labadie he has obviously said no. Flynny said they can't reach a deal, it's all down to Flynny to withdraw offer, it's not Labadie's fault we're still begging him to sign.

I am of that way of thinking too.........Its like waiting for a girl who says '' its not you'' hoping that she may come back to you..... Just move on there are plenty of other players who could do a decent job for us in midfield whilst we would be without him for 4 /5 months at least anyway. Offering him a two year deal not knowing what he would be like if and when he gets fit is a huge gamble for a club like ours with such a small budget

MF needs to move on and find a replacement midfielder for the wages (IMO one of the highest at the club we are paying him). He was after all the 'Marquee signing' when he signed so he didn't come to us for peanuts did he ??