Re: Informed sources tell me.

Bush wrote:
flat4 wrote:
If this does turn out to be correct, perhaps the club, board and manager can move forward and sort this mess out for once and all.
What mess? When his contract is up we stop paying it. I don’t see what the mess is.
Only my opinion.

If that which I have been told is correct the mess is quite simply this.

Labadie has been made an offer by our club. Being a free agent he is perfectly entitled to weigh up his options and pursue the course that best suits him. I have no problem with either the player or the club in this scenario. Where I believe it becomes an undignified mess is that rather than just thanking Joss for his efforts and letting him go our club will be perceived as being weak in begging him to stay.

Others are perfectly entitled to take other views, that however is mine.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
westsider wrote:I do know that it's Joss not Josh. I'm always amazed that we don't seem able to get our own players' names correct, including spelling.
Quite right. I stand admonished. (Maybe it was the three pints of Guinness I had for breakfast. )

:grin:
Yum :drunken: Lots of guilty parties on this board (and I'm a pedant so they all grate on me!).

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:
flat4 wrote:
If this does turn out to be correct, perhaps the club, board and manager can move forward and sort this mess out for once and all.
What mess? When his contract is up we stop paying it. I don’t see what the mess is.
Only my opinion.

If that which I have been told is correct the mess is quite simply this.

Labadie has been made an offer by our club. Being a free agent he is perfectly entitled to weigh up his options and pursue the course that best suits him. I have no problem with either the player or the club in this scenario. Where I believe it becomes an undignified mess is that rather than just thanking Joss for his efforts and letting him go our club will be perceived as being weak in begging him to stay.

Others are perfectly entitled to take other views, that however is mine.
How is it weakness? Still don’t get this. The guy currently doesn’t have a knee good enough to play under 6’s football. We offered him a contract and basically he has till the time he gets fit to sign it. What is the rush? We were trying to sign someone who wouldn’t be ready till jan at the earliest. The club thought they had a chance of signing someone who if fit wouldn’t sign with us. I don’t see any issue with how this has been handled from the club or even joss’s point of view.

Bush wrote:
How is it weakness? Still don’t get this. The guy currently doesn’t have a knee good enough to play under 6’s football. We offered him a contract and basically he has till the time he gets fit to sign it. What is the rush? We were trying to sign someone who wouldn’t be ready till jan at the earliest. The club thought they had a chance of signing someone who if fit wouldn’t sign with us. I don’t see any issue with how this has been handled from the club or even joss’s point of view.
By way of analogy.

Imagine there are two equally attractive men who find one of their female colleagues very attractive. Both men are single, as is the woman, both good looking, both thoroughly decent chaps.

The first chap asks the woman on a date. Dinner on Saturday night. She says she'll think about it. Our man rings her the next day but she's still thinking it over. So he rings her again the next day. She still ponders.

At this juncture chap number two calls and asks her out on a date also. Coincidentally dinner on Saturday night. Our fair and lovely young woman says she'll think about it. However man number two says, no sorry, I really like you but you're not the only fish in the sea. If I haven't heard by five o'clock I'll take it as a no and move on.

Now who do you think gets the dinner date?

JonD wrote:I've never understood women. Do the blokes go out together?
The key to understanding women is really much more straightforward than most men realize.

Most men make the mistake of thinking that women are incredibly intelligent. The sad fact is that women are only quite intelligent, unfortunately without exception men are incredibly stupid. :idea:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:
By way of analogy.

Imagine there are two equally attractive men who find one of their female colleagues very attractive. Both men are single, as is the woman, both good looking, both thoroughly decent chaps.

The first chap asks the woman on a date. Dinner on Saturday night. She says she'll think about it. Our man rings her the next day but she's still thinking it over. So he rings her again the next day. She still ponders.

At this juncture chap number two calls and asks her out on a date also. Coincidentally dinner on Saturday night. Our fair and lovely young woman says she'll think about it. However man number two says, no sorry, I really like you but you're not the only fish in the sea. If I haven't heard by five o'clock I'll take it as a no and move on.

Now who do you think gets the dinner date?
I would hope any girl with an ounce of sense would tell the second one to fuc right off