Re: Brizzle game behind closed doors

Percy plunkett wrote:The game would have been like a behind closed doors game if it was at Spytty because it clashes with the World Cup semi final.Not many fans would go but the Club would still need to fund police and stewards.
As far as I am aware the World Cup semi finals has been confirmed for this date for about 4 years. What if England lose on Saturday? Why couldn’t game be moved to next day. Why have they now moved the fixture. Why are we not training on spytty? Do we owe newport live money and they now want money upfront before we dealing with us?

excessbee wrote:It is, after all, just a training match. Easily forgotten whatever the result. No doubt at least eight substitutes brought on, some of whom will be anonymous trialists. Really nothing to get excited about.
The game doesn’t matter but potentially being locked out of the training ground we use is possibly something to get excited about don’t you think?

Bush wrote:
excessbee wrote:It is, after all, just a training match. Easily forgotten whatever the result. No doubt at least eight substitutes brought on, some of whom will be anonymous trialists. Really nothing to get excited about.
The game doesn’t matter but potentially being locked out of the training ground we use is possibly something to get excited about don’t you think?
There's a lot of speculation involved to come to the conclusions you have arrived at. I could counter with........ maybe Bristol City said come and play it at our place and we'll cover your transport costs.

excessbee wrote:
Bush wrote:
There's a lot of speculation involved to come to the conclusions you have arrived at. I could counter with........ maybe Bristol City said come and play it at our place and we'll cover your transport costs.
I refuse to believe that a well run club like ours that made a million quid last season haven’t paid money to a firm who’s board member also sits on ours resulting in us being locked out of the training ground. But those are the worrying rumours out there at the moment.

Bush wrote:The game doesn’t matter but potentially being locked out of the training ground we use is possibly something to get excited about don’t you think?
There's a lot of speculation involved to come to the conclusions you have arrived at. I could counter with........ maybe Bristol City said come and play it at our place and we'll cover your transport costs.[/quote]

I refuse to believe that a well run club like ours that made a million quid last season haven’t paid money to a firm who’s board member also sits on ours resulting in us being locked out of the training ground. But those are the worrying rumours out there at the moment.[/quote]

Are you on about the velodrome as the training ground?

If so then the rumours are shite as I was over there on Thursday and the County team were training there.

Threadbare wrote:Bloody Hell Bush, I hope you are not correct. If that is correct we have some very serious issues.
County have been training over the velodrome and dragon park the last couple of weeks.

Don’t know what Bush is on about but seems the usual rumour mongering to me

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Bush wrote:The game doesn’t matter but potentially being locked out of the training ground we use is possibly something to get excited about don’t you think?
I refuse to believe that a well run club like ours that made a million quid last season haven’t paid money to a firm who’s board member also sits on ours resulting in us being locked out of the training ground. But those are the worrying rumours out there at the moment.[/quote]

Are you on about the velodrome as the training ground?

If so then the rumours are shite as I was over there on Thursday and the County team were training there.[/quote]

That’s what I asked are they back training at spytty because people said they were training at lliswerry high school.

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Threadbare wrote:Bloody Hell Bush, I hope you are not correct. If that is correct we have some very serious issues.
County have been training over the velodrome and dragon park the last couple of weeks.

Wasn’t there pictures of them training at Cwmbran stadium the other day?

Bush wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:

Wasn’t there pictures of them training at Cwmbran stadium the other day?
Yeah there was. I also saw them with my own eyes over the velodrome.

Why are you making up damaging rumours that they have been kicked out by Newport Live?

What’s your source? You need to have a think before you post