Re: Kit Launch

George Street-Bridge wrote:Can't beat a spot of martyrdom, can you? It's taken longer than I thought, but your narcissism is finally strangling this forum now you seem to have more time on your hands.
Amazing isn’t it. the very guy who constantly belittles, abuses and bullies people when they disagree with him, now decides that he is a martyr when he is yet again proven to be incorrect.

Have never come across someone who tells everyone how intelligent they are constantly but so so often gets things wrong. he must be very insecure.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Can't beat a spot of martyrdom, can you? It's taken longer than I thought, but your narcissism is finally strangling this forum now you seem to have more time on your hands.
George,

It's not me who describes people on limited incomes as not being worthy of being listened to because they don't have a pot to piss in. It's not me who describes people who disagree with me as dogs sniffing turds in the park.

Still you have a new friend in Jimmy. Although as he thinks I'm a bully and you think I'm a martyr I hardly think it's a match made in heaven.

I must confess my view of both of you is merely one of profound sadness, you are clearly both very unhappy.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George,

It's not me who describes people on limited incomes as not being worthy of being listened to because they don't have a pot to piss in. It's not me who describes people who disagree with me as dogs sniffing turds in the park.

Still you have a new friend in Jimmy. Although as he thinks I'm a bully and you think I'm a martyr I hardly think it's a match made in heaven.

I must confess my view of both of you is merely one of profound sadness, you are clearly both very unhappy.
You mocked me once for working in a bar. so you are a hypocrite as well as an idiot.

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George,

You mocked me once for working in a bar. so you are a hypocrite as well as an idiot.

No I didn't that is a lie. I have been a barman in my time, a dustbin man, a labourer and I worked down Llanwern as an industrial cleaner and as a night security guard.

I don't mock any working person. I do feel sorry for any person who doesn't want to progress their lives. I didn't know anyone when I worked on the dust who didn't hope to get a cushy job in the office. I didn't know one man on a building site who didn't want his children not to have to do the back breaking work.

When I qualified as a barrister my name along with seven hundred others was printed in the Times. My father and a number of his friends doing that back breaking work on a building site spent their morning tea break searching the list for my name.

The reality is that good working people like them would know how to deal with lying little people like you.

whoareya wrote:With off on a tangent a meant that the opening post confirmed the details then within a few hours it was due to being locked out of RP, then suggestions that the club should be putting on a full event with fan zone etc. Costing god knows how much and taking god knows how many man hours to organise.
If you read what Bush actually said as opposed to what people say he said you might take a different view.

He said 'I have heard' he followed that with 'if true'. I really do think that he has raised a concern but no more than that. Although perhaps the apoplectic response by the usual club 'supporters' does tend to suggest he might have touched a nerve.

The conversation, and let's leave out the bile of some, developed as to how perhaps a kit launch could be made successful. Is this really off topic?

We know since the new intake of directors being far more open that relations with the WRU are strained. We know that the club believe the agreement to play at Rodney Parade is a poor one for the club. We know that the club believe the agreement is unsustainable.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:With off on a tangent a meant that the opening post confirmed the details then within a few hours it was due to being locked out of RP, then suggestions that the club should be putting on a full event with fan zone etc. Costing god knows how much and taking god knows how many man hours to organise.
If you read what Bush actually said as opposed to what people say he said you might take a different view.
No, if you read back the first dozen or so posts you will clearly see the gist of the conversation moved to speculate that we weren't allowed to use RP to launch our kit, that is indeed speculation, rumour - no need or value to qualify what people said, rumour and speculation is destructive, misleading and generally damaging - especially when proven to be unfounded.

'Locked out of there is the rumour.'

Those are Bush's exact words. I fail to understand how you can come to any other conclusion as to the meaning of Bush's post. He has heard a rumour that Newport County have been locked out of Rodney Parade.

I fail also to understand how you reach the conclusion that rumours do more damage when they are untrue. I would have thought that if the rumour is true that with the start of the season being less than four weeks away, if we have been locked out that would strike me as far more damaging than if we haven't.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:'Locked out of there is the rumour.'

Those are Bush's exact words. I fail to understand how you can come to any other conclusion as to the meaning of Bush's post. He has heard a rumour that Newport County have been locked out of Rodney Parade.

I fail also to understand how you reach the conclusion that rumours do more damage when they are untrue. I would have thought that if the rumour is true that with the start of the season being less than four weeks away, if we have been locked out that would strike me as far more damaging than if we haven't.
Look, if you want to spend what is a beautiful summer afternoon justifying the validity of rumour and speculation then that's up to you. Seems to me that the silly season is more destructive than ever this year - so I'll leave you to it.

Stan you are a lying little weasel.

You are LYING right now and have the cheek to call me a liar.

you belittled me for working on a bar on one of the threads where you said redwood thought that we were losing 250k anyway on bar sales.

I pointed out that as I worked a lot in bars profit would be about a £1 a pint and we would need to sell 12,000 pints a game to get to the laughable figure that you and redwood bandied about.

you then said that I should get an education or I will always work in a bar and mocked me with stupid smileys. I called you a Tory in return for such a spiteful comment.

And now here you are, lying it happened, and now when calling me a liar.

Just like when you used the funeral of a young fan to have a go at the board, you are again proven to be a disgusting piece of filth. Lying filth. You need help pal

Mr Figo wrote:Is it me or is there anyone else completely bored with this thread and what has become a battle of egos between a select bunch?
Then don't read it. Seriously I can think of no good reason for any other adult to read this nonsense. I'm stuck in England selling my house and missing my wife. It helps pass by boredom upsetting Jimmy and George. 8)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Is it me or is there anyone else completely bored with this thread and what has become a battle of egos between a select bunch?
Then don't read it. Seriously I can think of no good reason for any other adult to read this nonsense. I'm stuck in England selling my house and missing my wife. It helps pass by boredom upsetting Jimmy and George. 8)
Thing is Stan - people read threads because of the title "kit launch" which has been turned into "hand bags at dawn" - again! Can the mods change the title please to the above and half the others with the usual suspects involved - probably do it as vol. 1, vol.2.Or whether someone can put something at the end like "WORTH READING" or "SAME OLD STUFF" - at least we can weed out threads that have some value. :roll:

Mr Figo wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Thing is Stan - people read threads because of the title "kit launch" which has been turned into "hand bags at dawn" - again! Can the mods change the title please to the above and half the others with the usual suspects involved - probably do it as vol. 1, vol.2.Or whether someone can put something at the end like "WORTH READING" or "SAME OLD STUFF" - at least we can weed out threads that have some value. :roll:
I don't disagree. But in fairness it's not me going in for one insult after another. Why not ask others to try debating issues? Tell me would you ignore anyone who called you a ****** or a dog sniffing a turd?
I suppose I should just ignore them. A better man than me probably would. Under the topic of kit launch, how it could be done or could be improved is perfectly legitimate don't you think?