Re: Kit Launch

The problem with using the big screen for the final is,we may have to have a PVE Licence.How much does that cost and how long in advance do you need to apply to get one.The other problem is,Law is fluid so is difficult to stay in the loop.Even Lawyers who have had a lifetime practicing it ,are not sure if they know what they are talking about and are unwilling to commit themselves.They need to get a book with all the up to date laws in it.This takes weeks,months to read and will cost £10k to obtain.Then the lawyer needs to be insured in case he reads it wrong because the law might have changed in the time it takes him to read it.In short,it's safer not to stage it because you may also need insurance.Insurance is fluid and a lawyer needs a book........

Percy plunkett wrote:The problem with using the big screen for the final is,we may have to have a PVE Licence.How much does that cost and how long in advance do you need to apply to get one.The other problem is,Law is fluid so is difficult to stay in the loop.Even Lawyers who have had a lifetime practicing it ,are not sure if they know what they are talking about and are unwilling to commit themselves.They need to get a book with all the up to date laws in it.This takes weeks,months to read and will cost £10k to obtain.Then the lawyer needs to be insured in case he reads it wrong because the law might have changed in the time it takes him to read it.In short,it's safer not to stage it because you may also need insurance.Insurance is fluid and a lawyer needs a book........
Hehe brilliant

Percy plunkett wrote:The problem with using the big screen for the final is,we may have to have a PVE Licence.How much does that cost and how long in advance do you need to apply to get one.The other problem is,Law is fluid so is difficult to stay in the loop.Even Lawyers who have had a lifetime practicing it ,are not sure if they know what they are talking about and are unwilling to commit themselves.They need to get a book with all the up to date laws in it.This takes weeks,months to read and will cost £10k to obtain.Then the lawyer needs to be insured in case he reads it wrong because the law might have changed in the time it takes him to read it.In short,it's safer not to stage it because you may also need insurance.Insurance is fluid and a lawyer needs a book........
Pause just for a moment.

Just because an idea is good that does not necessarily mean that it can be implemented. However sometimes it can. Have you ever considered that as a club and indeed as a group of supporters our opening stance should be what do we need to do to make this a success but that far too often we begin with finding reasons why something won't work.

In terms we should try things, if they work great, if they don't then drop them. But if you never try, if you don't take risks, you will never succeed.

Amberexile wrote:To point out the bleeding obvious, we are trying something different, a kit launch in the city centre. Soon we will know if it was a success.
Again I'm not saying we shouldn't. Although 4-00 pm on a weekday is brave. However if you look at any news broadcast this evening you will notice that big screens seem to be up all over England. Yet you will notice that there is a default position with some to say why it can't be done.

My view is that if you try to be innovative sometimes, perhaps often you will fall. However for me that's a risk worth taking. Because I don't think it ever advisable to die wondering.

Now come on Stan. Take your time to consider your resopnse. Dust off your very old law books about
Jarndyce versus Jarndyce and spout some legal nonsense to make you seem superior to the rest. Then call out anyone who dares to challenge the mighty one with insults , usuallu with swear words, personal insults or calling people thick. Doubt I'd want you as a lawyer. To easily rattled.

guest101 wrote:2016/2017. launched at Calidicot Friendly.
2017/2018. launched at Undy Friendly.
2018/2019. Launched at Friars walk in the City.
This puts things into perspective for me. Don't even recall previous kit launches, although obviously realising the importance of maximising all possible forms of revenue streams. It seems to me we should be more concerned about establishing the club shop/ticketing office within RP.

Threadbare wrote:Stan's on the ropes again. Becoming a more common occurrence. Bit like the rope a dope situation. You will lose the debate in the end Stanley. Your arguments are becoming more and more fatuous

Another new poster obsessed with me.

Does anyone take these people seriously?

This thread has gone way off on a tangent.

In our situation the most important thing is to get maximum coverage and exposure with minimum cost.

Launching in Friars Walk with the management team and a mix of established players and new signings will get us decent coverage in the Argus, Twitter etc. , whilst also advertising what shirts are available, when, how much, where from and what deals are on (eg all three tops for the price of two).

Having a fully organised fan event with all the cost, man-hours and logistics whilst still largely a volunteer run club in the close season is very naive.

whoareya wrote:This thread has gone way off on a tangent.

In our situation the most important thing is to get maximum coverage and exposure with minimum cost.

Launching in Friars Walk with the management team and a mix of established players and new signings will get us decent coverage in the Argus, Twitter etc. , whilst also advertising what shirts are available, when, how much, where from and what deals are on (eg all three tops for the price of two).

Having a fully organised fan event with all the cost, man-hours and logistics whilst still largely a volunteer run club in the close season is very naive.
If all that information is forthcoming, then yes this is a sensible summation

whoareya wrote:This thread has gone way off on a tangent.

Of course it has.

No criticism of you holding the view that organising a fan event in the closed season is naive, I disagree but so what? And if you have read this thread I have said that I don't have a problem with trying a kit launch anywhere.

Now as someone who usually has a different perspective than me could I ask you this? Why do you think it is that a tightly organized little cabal seen to have no interest in actually debating but seem to only want to make personal criticism of me?

I know bullying is rife at Newport County AFC but you would think by now these eejits would have realized that trying to bully me is a waste of time.

I read the comments on the thread regarding the launch in Friars Walk mostly as prepared to give it a go, try something different. Holding it at Rodney Parade would be a case of preaching to the converted. Stan, you seem to have adopted the line that those supporting that viewpoint are doing so in order to take an opposing stance to yours.

With off on a tangent a meant that the opening post confirmed the details then within a few hours it was due to being locked out of RP, then suggestions that the club should be putting on a full event with fan zone etc. Costing god knows how much and taking god knows how many man hours to organise.