Re: Kit Launch

Mr Figo wrote:Would be interesting to find out why 4pm on a weekday was chosen - doesn't make sense to me other than the Club have had to shoe horn the kit launch in somewhere...
What concerns me, and should concern every other fan, is were we not ALLOWED to use Rodney Parade for this?
Stan's idea of a family day, beer tent, face painting, that type of thing could have worked well for all parties.
If, and I stress IF, we weren't ALLOWED to use Rodney Parade due to some sort of 'work to rule' on the part of the WRU, then we have bigger problems than any of us thought.

penycwm county wrote:"A sound reason why the City of Newport will always remain second rate and unattractive to businesses and their staff looking to relocate to the area. Cardiff and Swansea with similar social issues have far greater appeal, why is that do you think?"

is it because of the (old) Millennium Stadium ? owned by a subsidary group from the WRU ? or Cardiff City Stadium ?
Or indeed Swansea Stadium owned by the Council.

Percy plunkett wrote:Posters on here say we need to engage the Town and promote ourselves to a wider public.The Club are doing this here yet fans now want us to do it away from the general public in the Bisley instead.
That's immaterial. What matters is whether we were ALLOWED to have used RP if we wanted?
If the Club's made the conscious commercial decision to go into the precinct, fair enough, not that I necessarily agree with that, it's not my decision to make.
The issue is, if we were not ALLOWED to use our home ground had we wanted to. That's the bit everyone is missing....
I don't suppose we'll ever know the truth.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Posters on here say we need to engage the Town and promote ourselves to a wider public.The Club are doing this here yet fans now want us to do it away from the general public in the Bisley instead.
That's immaterial. What matters is whether we were ALLOWED to have used RP if we wanted?
If the Club's made the conscious commercial decision to go into the precinct, fair enough, not that I necessarily agree with that, it's not my decision to make.
The issue is, if we were not ALLOWED to use our home ground had we wanted to. That's the bit everyone is missing....
I think you've got that the wrong way around. If the WRU wanted to play hardball with us, they would insist that we did hold it in the Bisley,not the other way around.

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
I think you've got that the wrong way around. If the WRU wanted to play hardball with us, they would insist that we did hold it in the Bisley,not the other way around.
Rather depends on whether the WRU are playing hard ball to get more money, in which case you are correct. Or whether they are playing hard ball to force us out. In which case NGR's analysis is correct.

newgroundrodney wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Depresses me this board, any opportunity to have a dig, posting rumours as if they are fact and needing an answer off the club, ******* pathetic

That's as maybe, but you think a kit launch at 4:00pm on a Tuesday afternoon at the local shopping precinct is better than using our home ground as backdrop? Bars open, shirts in stock, fans buying merchandise, just a better atmosphere all round.
Afterwards, then the word can go out wider.
But you miss my point of IF...and I stress IF we can't be allowed to use our home ground for what is a major event in our calendar, doesn't that ring any alarms for you at all?
So that's season ticket sales at the local former cinema, no club shop, kit launch in town when most fans are still in work and a few other issues besides. Think back to last season, and if true, and I stress IF, our relationship with our landlords must now be at an all time low.
But that's OK, it's just messageboarders having a dig.
I know i have a short memory but when has the hoards turned out drinking beer for a shirt release, i can't remember

newgroundrodney wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Would be interesting to find out why 4pm on a weekday was chosen - doesn't make sense to me other than the Club have had to shoe horn the kit launch in somewhere...
What concerns me, and should concern every other fan, is were we not ALLOWED to use Rodney Parade for this?
Stan's idea of a family day, beer tent, face painting, that type of thing could have worked well for all parties.
If, and I stress IF, we weren't ALLOWED to use Rodney Parade due to some sort of 'work to rule' on the part of the WRU, then we have bigger problems than any of us thought.
Yes a fantastic idea, a City in Wales investing thousands hosting a big screen event to attract thousands of Welshmen to cheer on their team England

daftasfxxx wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Yes a fantastic idea, a City in Wales investing thousands hosting a big screen event to attract thousands of Welshmen to cheer on their team England
If your logic were correct, it isn't but if it were, then why do you think that Wednesday's game v Bristol City is now behind closed doors in Bristol?

daftasfxxx wrote:What are you on about,
Forgive me if I have misunderstood you.

If I haven't your argument is that Newport as a Welsh city should not invest in putting up a screen for an England game.

My argument would be that if we were to host at Rodney Parade a kit launch, with a family day out with big screens to show both the men's final Wimbledon and the World Cup final, regardless of whether England are involved, it might be a bit of a money spinner.

That's all.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
flat4 wrote:Yet another PR opportunity lost, have you tried to get into the city centre lately, TRAFFIC is killing any thing that anybody put`s on, BUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON WHEN PEOPLE ARE STILL IN WORK AND THE SCHOOLS HAVE ONLY JUST SHUT, THIS DEFFO SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON A WEEKEND. Some will say as long as we just keep on fire fighting in stead of planning ahead the club is doomed. On a number of occasions i have offered my services only to be told it`s all under control and in hand.
Posters on here have been moaning that the kit is late,now you suggest delaying it further.Next Saturday we have a game,would you want fans to miss the game for the kit launch?.Would you prefer Sunday to clash with the World Cup final and Wimbledon final.
Percy,

You have suggested having the event having it on a Sunday clashing with the World Cup final. Not flat 4.

So launch in the afternoon, on a Sunday when more people are free to attend. Open up the bars and a beer marquee, make it a fun day for the family and round it all off with big screens showing the World Cup Final.

Brilliant idea Percy, I genuinely hope that the club take it up.
No,I did not suggest doing it on Sunday,the current option is best.Flat 4 wanted it on a weekend so I flagged up the problem of that.I would accept part blame for the Bristol game being switched though so I apologise to you and others for that.