Re: Kit Launch

Percy plunkett wrote: No,I did not suggest doing it on Sunday,the current option is best.Flat 4 wanted it on a weekend so I flagged up the problem of that.I would accept part blame for the Bristol game being switched though so I apologise to you and others for that.

You were the first person to mention Sunday. So albeit inadvertently you did suggest it.

What you failed to see was that it is actually a very good idea.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Rather depends on whether the WRU are playing hard ball to get more money, in which case you are correct. Or whether they are playing hard ball to force us out. In which case NGR's analysis is correct.
Do you seriously think the WRU are trying to force us out before the end of our agreement?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Rather depends on whether the WRU are playing hard ball to get more money, in which case you are correct. Or whether they are playing hard ball to force us out. In which case NGR's analysis is correct.
Do you seriously think the WRU are trying to force us out before the end of our agreement?
I don't know.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I don't know.
It would seem foolish to me for them to want such a thing before they have a clue whether they will get planning permission for the development that could make the Dragons and RP financially viable without us. Even with their planning permission, we proved a handy means to bridge the period until alternative income streams are generated.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote: No,I did not suggest doing it on Sunday,the current option is best.Flat 4 wanted it on a weekend so I flagged up the problem of that.I would accept part blame for the Bristol game being switched though so I apologise to you and others for that.

You were the first person to mention Sunday. So albeit inadvertently you did suggest it.

No,flat 4 wanted it on the weekend,Sunday is also classed as the weekend.I was pointing out the problems with a weekend date.How did you manage in your day job,you don't read what is said.

Amberexile wrote:
It would seem foolish to me for them to want such a thing before they have a clue whether they will get planning permission for the development that could make the Dragons and RP financially viable without us. Even with their planning permission, we proved a handy means to bridge the period until alternative income streams are generated.
Except that do the WRU want to be in a position whereby the tenant football team have primacy of fixtures?

I do not suggest that as anything other than a possibility. I genuinely don't know. However it does not strike me as being a totally improbable scenario.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

No,flat 4 wanted it on the weekend,Sunday is also classed as the weekend.I was pointing out the problems with a weekend date.How did you manage in your day job,you don't read what is said.
Percy,

Okay, the totally brilliant suggestion is mine alone. You had nothing to do with it. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Except that do the WRU want to be in a position whereby the tenant football team have primacy of fixtures?

I do not suggest that as anything other than a possibility. I genuinely don't know. However it does not strike me as being a totally improbable scenario.
It is possible that Elvis is still alive and working in an amusement arcade in Cleethorpes. :lol:

My take on it is that both sides have realised that the old contract wasn't 'right'. It has been sorted. Things are happening down RP atm and certain facilities are simply not available yet. Let's calm down a little and show what a positive impact we can make for RP.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: Except that do the WRU want to be in a position whereby the tenant football team have primacy of fixtures?

Not sure that really comes to matter. The football fixtures are released first and the Dragons can work theirs around quite easily. The WRU have already shown enough contempt to Newport RFC so their fixtures will just 'fit around' the other teams'.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

It is possible that Elvis is still alive and working in an amusement arcade in Cleethorpes. :lol:
That's the thing Paul. Elvis died on the 16th August 1977. I remember it well it was the day I got my A level results. That the WRU want Newport County AFC out of Rodney Parade is at the very least, possible.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That's the thing Paul. Elvis died on the 16th August 1977. I remember it well it was the day I got my A level results. That the WRU want Newport County AFC out of Rodney Parade is at the very least, possible.
Come off it. We all know that Elvis faked his death. Don't tell me you were taken in by that one.