Re: Kit Launch

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That's the thing Paul. Elvis died on the 16th August 1977. I remember it well it was the day I got my A level results. That the WRU want Newport County AFC out of Rodney Parade is at the very least, possible.
Come off it. We all know that Elvis faked his death. Don't tell me you were taken in by that one.

:grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:What are you on about,
Forgive me if I have misunderstood you.

If I haven't your argument is that Newport as a Welsh city should not invest in putting up a screen for an England game.

My argument would be that if we were to host at Rodney Parade a kit launch, with a family day out with big screens to show both the men's final Wimbledon and the World Cup final, regardless of whether England are involved, it might be a bit of a money spinner.

That's all.
How will a kit launch with big screens to watch a sport that many are not interested in and football with 2 foreign teams on a venue we do not own or get any revenue from be a money spinner? What is our estimated expenditure to hire the big screens? Genuinely intrigued as to how this is a money spinner.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:What are you on about,
Forgive me if I have misunderstood you.

If I haven't your argument is that Newport as a Welsh city should not invest in putting up a screen for an England game.

My argument would be that if we were to host at Rodney Parade a kit launch, with a family day out with big screens to show both the men's final Wimbledon and the World Cup final, regardless of whether England are involved, it might be a bit of a money spinner.

That's all.
How will a kit launch with big screens to watch a sport that many are not interested in and football with 2 foreign teams on a venue we do not own or get any revenue from be a money spinner? What is our estimated expenditure to hire the big screens? Genuinely intrigued as to how this is a money spinner.
As there is a big screen at Rodney Parade I rather think hiring one would be rather silly, unless of course our relationship with the WRU is so poor that they wouldn't let us use it.

Secondly as for people watching the game. First how many of our supporters intend to watch the World Cup final regardless of the fact Wales won't be in it.

Genuinely intrigued, do you ever engage your brain before you post up criticism of anything I write? 8)

Notice how Stan avoids Alan’s question about how can it be a money spinner if it’s held at RP where the landlords have the beer profits.

That said we all know stan gets a bit confused when he talks about beer profits at Rodney parade lol

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
As there is a big screen at Rodney Parade I rather think hiring one would be rather silly, unless of course our relationship with the WRU is so poor that they wouldn't let us use it.

Secondly as for people watching the game. First how many of our supporters intend to watch the World Cup final regardless of the fact Wales won't be in it.

Genuinely intrigued, do you ever engage your brain before you post up criticism of anything I write? 8)
Do you mean the big screen in the bar or the scoreboard screen? The latter hasn't got good enough quality to show a televised game and also County have to pay for each time it is used for games so wouldn't be surprised if it was charged again. Who would pay for the bar staff etc... (just in case it is a loss-leading event)?

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Who would pay for the bar staff etc... (just in case it is a loss-leading event)?

Let's never do anything, let's not even bother to get out of bad in the morning. I mean if you stay in bed all day you pretty much rule out the possibility of being run over by a bus.

Jimmy, Willie and Alan, the three losers. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Who would pay for the bar staff etc... (just in case it is a loss-leading event)?

Let's never do anything, let's not even bother to get out of bad in the morning. I mean if you stay in bed all day you pretty much rule out the possibility of being run over by a bus.

Stan always resorts to insults when he is proved wrong.

Embarrassment of a man. Thank god no one would ever let you near the board of the club, as your economic knowledge is shocking.

You would ruin the club in days as you have no business acumen at all.

Talking of economic competence would you believe Chester played Liverpool today, clashing with the England game.

I suppose that they could have called the game off but they didn't. As the biggest loser of the lot would say, lol, thick as shit, lol lol total embarrassment, etc, etc.

Game was a sell out.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Ever thought of politics Stan - you completely missed part of the point in question, the one that you actually raised first?

You keep telling us how poor the finances are yet you want them to host an event which many won't be able to attend. The club have, IMO, go this right. An event in the City Centre's showpiece close to many potential sponsors.

Only a warrior that does not attend any games would think that the big screen at RP is suitable for screening live sport. The thought of hundreds of the county faithful lining up to watch the tennis at the south end above the temporary stand who would not be allowed on the pitch is actually making me chuckle.

What a money spinner.

Willthiswork wrote:
Ever thought of politics Stan - you completely missed part of the point in question, the one that you actually raised first?

You keep telling us how poor the finances are yet you want them to host an event which many won't be able to attend. The club have, IMO, go this right. An event in the City Centre's showpiece close to many potential sponsors.
Two points.

Firstly I have never known a kit launch happen anywhere other than the stadium. My point is if it were done at Rodney Parade we could and perhaps should make a day of it. I would further argue that once again we see writ large the problems caused by not having a proper stake in a fit for purpose stadium.

The second point is that whilst I disagree with your analysis I do owe you an apology. Alan is incapable of ever discussing Newport County without seeing everything through amber coloured glasses, and Jimmy is, well the less said about that sad little man the better.

You are merely someone who disagrees with me, your opinion is as valid as mine. You have every right to disagree with me and to challenge my opinion. And linking you with Alan and Jimmy was something I should not have done. My apologies.

Best wishes,

Stan

Jimmy Exile wrote:A quick google shows that loads and loads of football club kit launches are either at shopping centres or other places away from their grounds.
That is interesting, I see Liverpool launched their new kit from city centre locations in June. What a waste of a money spinning opportunity that was.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:A quick google shows that loads and loads of football club kit launches are either at shopping centres or other places away from their grounds.
That is interesting, I see Liverpool launched their new kit from city centre locations in June. What a waste of a money spinning opportunity that was.
Anyone else noticed just how often Dr Evil and Mini Me come on this board at the same time?

You are so busted. lol, lol thick as shit, lol lol lol.

8)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

Two points.

Firstly I have never known a kit launch happen anywhere other than the stadium. My point is if it were done at Rodney Parade we could and perhaps should make a day of it. I would further argue that once again we see writ large the problems caused by not having a proper stake in a fit for purpose stadium.

The second point is that whilst I disagree with your analysis I do owe you an apology. Alan is incapable of ever discussing Newport County without seeing everything through amber coloured glasses, and Jimmy is, well the less said about that sad little man the better.

You are merely someone who disagrees with me, your opinion is as valid as mine. You have every right to disagree with me and to challenge my opinion. And linking you with Alan and Jimmy was something I should not have done. My apologies.

Best wishes,

Stan
Stan,

Thank you for your apology.

I often agree with some of your points and also disagree with others - how boring would the world be if we all did agree?

I have already said that I think you like the 'drama' and 'make mountains of out molehills' at times. That said, if we listened - and more importantly acted, on your suggestion for a stadium fund (which I believe you also had dealings from the club saying something along the lines that 'it was in hand') we may not be in the situation that we are in now.

BTW, the other two you mention are quite right that many clubs have their kit launches, along with other major events, away from their home grounds and even other venues that they own - it's called buisness and community engagement.