Re: Kit Launch

newgroundrodney wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Depresses me this board, any opportunity to have a dig, posting rumours as if they are fact and needing an answer off the club, ******* pathetic

That's as maybe, but you think a kit launch at 4:00pm on a Tuesday afternoon at the local shopping precinct is better than using our home ground as backdrop? Bars open, shirts in stock, fans buying merchandise, just a better atmosphere all round.
Afterwards, then the word can go out wider.
But you miss my point of IF...and I stress IF we can't be allowed to use our home ground for what is a major event in our calendar, doesn't that ring any alarms for you at all?
So that's season ticket sales at the local former cinema, no club shop, kit launch in town when most fans are still in work and a few other issues besides. Think back to last season, and if true, and I stress IF, our relationship with our landlords must now be at an all time low.
But that's OK, it's just messageboarders having a dig.
Perhaps there may be a pop up store on the day?

More chance of networking for sponsors within town etc... too.

Ticket office in Neon is a good idea whilst there isn't a permanent one at RP at the moment.

Willthiswork wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Depresses me this board, any opportunity to have a dig, posting rumours as if they are fact and needing an answer off the club, ******* pathetic

That's as maybe, but you think a kit launch at 4:00pm on a Tuesday afternoon at the local shopping precinct is better than using our home ground as backdrop? Bars open, shirts in stock, fans buying merchandise, just a better atmosphere all round.
Afterwards, then the word can go out wider.
But you miss my point of IF...and I stress IF we can't be allowed to use our home ground for what is a major event in our calendar, doesn't that ring any alarms for you at all?
So that's season ticket sales at the local former cinema, no club shop, kit launch in town when most fans are still in work and a few other issues besides. Think back to last season, and if true, and I stress IF, our relationship with our landlords must now be at an all time low.
But that's OK, it's just messageboarders having a dig.
Perhaps there may be a pop up store on the day?

More chance of networking for sponsors within town etc... too.

Ticket office in Neon is a good idea whilst there isn't a permanent one at RP at the moment.

I'm not buying it...
The best place for sponsors to be is at the stadium, where they can see the pitch, maybe look at the hospitality boxes, get a general feel for the place, maybe make bookings for the coming season.
Normally, Rodney Parade would jump at the chance to have their bars open to a load of football fans. What's changed? Cos something has clearly. That's the impression I'm getting, but I hope I'm wrong and it's a fabulous marketing ploy that brings in loads of sponsors, and sells lots of shirts.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Threadbare wrote:If this is true I hope that The Dragons Chairman can look his father in the eye.
Why, Is it not the WRU that own the ground not the Dragons?Sooner or later the Council need to step in and sort this debacle. Why they did not buy the ground in the first place is a mystery. It really is a crazy situation that we are stuck in the middle of.
The council don’t have enough money for education, social services and highways. Why should they fund two sports clubs for what 10% of the city’s population? There would be outrage in the city if they did.
A sound reason why the City of Newport will always remain second rate and unattractive to businesses and their staff looking to relocate to the area. Cardiff and Swansea with similar social issues have far greater appeal, why is that do you think?

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Threadbare wrote:If this is true I hope that The Dragons Chairman can look his father in the eye.
Why, Is it not the WRU that own the ground not the Dragons?Sooner or later the Council need to step in and sort this debacle. Why they did not buy the ground in the first place is a mystery. It really is a crazy situation that we are stuck in the middle of.
The council don’t have enough money for education, social services and highways. Why should they fund two sports clubs for what 10% of the city’s population? There would be outrage in the city if they did.
Don't forget it would come out of a seperate budget as the Newport Marathon one did! ;)

The council find money when they need to.
We're not talking ridiculously high sums either, considering that between Aug - May we have thousands of fans week in week out buying food, drink etc in the city centre. I'd say the council could ill afford to lose the Dragons and Newport County.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on July 7th, 2018, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yet another PR opportunity lost, have you tried to get into the city centre lately, TRAFFIC is killing any thing that anybody put`s on, BUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON WHEN PEOPLE ARE STILL IN WORK AND THE SCHOOLS HAVE ONLY JUST SHUT, THIS DEFFO SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON A WEEKEND. Some will say as long as we just keep on fire fighting in stead of planning ahead the club is doomed. On a number of occasions i have offered my services only to be told it`s all under control and in hand.

flat4 wrote:Yet another PR opportunity lost, have you tried to get into the city centre lately, TRAFFIC is killing any thing that anybody put`s on, BUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON WHEN PEOPLE ARE STILL IN WORK AND THE SCHOOLS HAVE ONLY JUST SHUT, THIS DEFFO SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON A WEEKEND. Some will say as long as we just keep on fire fighting in stead of planning ahead the club is doomed. On a number of occasions i have offered my services only to be told it`s all under control and in hand.
Posters on here have been moaning that the kit is late,now you suggest delaying it further.Next Saturday we have a game,would you want fans to miss the game for the kit launch?.Would you prefer Sunday to clash with the World Cup final and Wimbledon final.

Percy plunkett wrote:
flat4 wrote:Yet another PR opportunity lost, have you tried to get into the city centre lately, TRAFFIC is killing any thing that anybody put`s on, BUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON WHEN PEOPLE ARE STILL IN WORK AND THE SCHOOLS HAVE ONLY JUST SHUT, THIS DEFFO SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON A WEEKEND. Some will say as long as we just keep on fire fighting in stead of planning ahead the club is doomed. On a number of occasions i have offered my services only to be told it`s all under control and in hand.
Posters on here have been moaning that the kit is late,now you suggest delaying it further.Next Saturday we have a game,would you want fans to miss the game for the kit launch?.Would you prefer Sunday to clash with the World Cup final and Wimbledon final.
Percy,

You have suggested having the event having it on a Sunday clashing with the World Cup final. Not flat 4.

So launch in the afternoon, on a Sunday when more people are free to attend. Open up the bars and a beer marquee, make it a fun day for the family and round it all off with big screens showing the World Cup Final.

Brilliant idea Percy, I genuinely hope that the club take it up.

"A sound reason why the City of Newport will always remain second rate and unattractive to businesses and their staff looking to relocate to the area. Cardiff and Swansea with similar social issues have far greater appeal, why is that do you think?"

is it because of the (old) Millennium Stadium ? owned by a subsidary group from the WRU ? or Cardiff City Stadium ?