New Kit leak

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: New Kit leak

Postby Percy plunkett » July 10th, 2018, 12:34 pm

If it is retro,then the collars are wrong.They should be wider around the neck and the front should be the colour of the shirts.
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » July 10th, 2018, 12:55 pm

I can't really see properly on my phone screen, but kit SEEMS fine to me... I'll be buying one.
no avatar
User

Goddard & woods

Lliswerry

Postby Goddard & woods » July 10th, 2018, 1:02 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:I can't really see properly on my phone screen, but kit SEEMS fine to me... I'll be buying one.

Agree looks good to me but I suppose its all a matter of opinion some will like it some wont.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » July 10th, 2018, 2:05 pm

they are on FB on the Newport County page, I like the white one not sure about the others
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » July 10th, 2018, 2:27 pm

wattsville_boy wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:There is much not to like about the home and away kits. The collars for starters.

The collars are the best bit! I'm delighted to see us have a collar on our shirts again. Will definitely be buying one for my kids (depending on what they replace the betting company logo with), and might even get one for myself.

Perhaps they'll look better when worn than in a photo...

You must have a better shape than most of us then mate :shock: :grin:
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » July 10th, 2018, 2:29 pm

lowandhard wrote:You must have a better shape than most of us then mate :shock: :grin:

I am in excellent shape. It's just that the shape in question is round.
User

Kevinmoorefellover

Postby Kevinmoorefellover » July 10th, 2018, 4:30 pm

I like the white kit. I’ll leave it at that.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 10th, 2018, 4:32 pm

I have no great passion either way. A football kit is a football kit. However I defy anyone to read the Argus article without having a belly laugh.

Apparently our kit encapsulates a "unique blend of graphical movement coming back into football design". And "a bespoke kit which is not only relevant but also fresh'".

There's only so much you can do with a football kit, at least that's what I thought.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » July 10th, 2018, 5:24 pm

For everyone that likes it, there will be one that doesn't. We'll get no league points for the kit, and once August 4th comes around, it will be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I may get one, usually do, but didn't get the last one.
User

Dai Nelmes

Postby Dai Nelmes » July 10th, 2018, 6:01 pm

The white kit looks decent, if it's not paper thin like last year I'll get one.

The other two kits look like they were designed by a 10 year old in between his pop and his crisps at break time.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » July 10th, 2018, 6:47 pm

When can we actually buy it ? I have asked but no response as yet.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » July 10th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Dai Nelmes wrote:The white kit looks decent, if it's not paper thin like last year I'll get one.

The other two kits look like they were designed by a 10 year old in between his pop and his crisps at break time.

my feelings too
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » July 10th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Well, the kit must have taken a skilled team of professional designers and artists and technical advisors all of two minutes to come up with that
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » July 10th, 2018, 7:24 pm

Anyone over the age of 30 that wears a relica kit needs to have a word with themselves.....
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » July 10th, 2018, 7:33 pm

mad norm wrote:Well, the kit must have taken a skilled team of professional designers and artists and technical advisors all of two minutes to come up with that

I believe Neil Heard designed it based on our 1938 kit, whilst I'm not a big fan of the design the absolute piss take from someone like you who constantly moans about anything to do with Newport County yet don't watch a game, whilst sitting in your local 'spoons apparently telling everyone you're a Newport County fan. Nice one Norm !
PreviousNext