Richard Evans - Newport AFC at World Cup

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Handolucifer

Richard Evans - Newport AFC at World Cup

Postby Handolucifer » July 10th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Richard Evans was on the books of Newport County before the collapse. We signed him to AFC and he was instrumental in our early, resurrected success. Now head of Belgium’s fitness team in Moscow. Together with MF’s coaching badges mate, Thierry Henry, he will provide a future quiz connection between Newport and the World Cup.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Richard Evans - Newport AFC at World Cup

Postby Percy plunkett » July 10th, 2018, 7:55 pm

He was a fitness fanatic so no surprise he is into that.Must be pinching himself though he's where he is.From memory,he was the first AFC player to be let go which surprised me considering his pace.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » July 10th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:He was a fitness fanatic so no surprise he is into that.Must be pinching himself though he's where he is.From memory,he was the first AFC player to be let go which surprised me considering his pace.
He was very much a Marmite type of player - some loved him whilst others were not so keen. I think his skills were too much for the Hellenic League at the time and found it difficult to adjust effectively.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 11th, 2018, 7:06 am

That's my recollection. Very quick and skilful but lightweight and it looked a bit physical for him.

Last time I saw him was the notorious 3-0 loss at Kintbury that November and I think it might have been the last time he played.