Re: Hazell Stand

It's just a guess, only a guess, not a rumour, not a shit stir, just a guess, that the name Hazells Stand amounts to sponsorship and they're maybe not getting paid for it, so it goes back to Rodney Road Stand, which is what it actually is, though I'd simply call it The West Stand.

AmberCelt wrote:UEFA rules don't allow sponsors names on stadia hence the 2017 CL Final was officially held at the Millennium Stadium not the Principality
Isn't that just a rule for the final as it's the City that is given the honour of hosting the final, not a Stadium?

daftasfxxx wrote:I know someone who is sponsoring the rugby and its true that its no longer the hazell stand as they have nothing to do with it anymore
I notice that the Dragons have started selling tickets for their pre-season friendly on 17th August and the stand is referred to as the Rodney Road Stand. Unless i've missed something on their site they only appear on sale online. No mention of a ticket office?

Has the former Newport RFC , Rodney Parade stadium been renamed ? if so what is the correct name now, and who or what company now own it, --It might be a good idea to display a nameplate and mailing address for letters etc,
Come on the 'Port !!…………..Bob Bassett