Brizzle City Friendly

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

2025

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Percy plunkett » July 11th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Amberexile wrote:Have we been locked out of the black shorts as well!!!???

I hope so.Seriously,the black shorts will go better with the black kit.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5831

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby neilcork68 » July 11th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Amberexile wrote:Have we been locked out of the black shorts as well!!!???


Bristol must only have one set of first team kits because they played in what looked like red training tops , blue shorts and blue socks..( They had a game way to Cheltenham last night and wore their fist team kit)
That's probably why we played in ALL AMBER.


I'm not getting involved in the 'lock out'' debate :wink: :lol:
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5831

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby neilcork68 » July 11th, 2018, 1:12 pm

I wish some on here had got into their cars and drove the short trip to Long Ashton to watch the behind closed door friendly we have just played....I watched under the pretence of playing golf :wink: but spent most of my time in the bushes overlooking the pitch...Even the green keepers joined me, after a few minutes of wondering what I was doing in the bushes :lol:
It was a better way of spending your time rather than sit on here arguing about things we cant alter unless we are asked to do so by the BOD.
i am as concerned as anyone on here about what goes on at our club but I wont get involved in things just because someone posts up a rumour. NO that's not me with my head in the sand.


By the way the first half was better than the second...Sheehan and Crofts look the biz.

Anyway signing off now to complete my 9 holes I paid for before going to work this afternoon/evening and trying to avoid the score in the England game until I get home and watch it...If we win I cant see me avoiding the score as every Radio Station will be talking about it.......






FOUR
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

7997

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby lowandhard » July 11th, 2018, 1:18 pm

neilcork68 wrote:I wish some on here had got into their cars and drove the short trip to Long Ashton to watch the behind closed door friendly we have just played....I watched under the pretence of playing golf :wink: but spent most of my time in the bushes overlooking the pitch...Even the green keepers joined me, after a few minutes of wondering what I was doing in the bushes :lol:
It was a better way of spending your time rather than sit on here arguing about things we cant alter unless we are asked to do so by the BOD.
i am as concerned as anyone on here about what goes on at our club but I wont get involved in things just because someone posts up a rumour. NO that's not me with my head in the sand.


By the way the first half was better than the second...Sheehan and Crofts look the biz.

Anyway signing off now to complete my 9 holes I paid for before going to work this afternoon/evening and trying to avoid the score in the England game until I get home and watch it...If we win I cant see me avoiding the score as every Radio Station will be talking about it.......






FOUR


Proper fan this guy! I’ve supported the County since the 50’s but never gone to those extremes to watch a friendly. Well done Corky! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
User avatar
User

Baladabadi

Posts

206

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Baladabadi » July 11th, 2018, 1:31 pm

How was Trailist 4 AKA Alex Samizadeh?
User avatar
User

BASSALEG EXILE

Posts

210

Location

Newport

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby BASSALEG EXILE » July 11th, 2018, 1:33 pm

Baladabadi wrote:How was Trailist 4 AKA Alex Samizadeh?

I do enjoy your half serious half joking plugging of Samizadeh at any given opportunity but I have to ask the question, is Trialist 4 actually him?
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5831

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby neilcork68 » July 11th, 2018, 2:37 pm

lowandhard wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I wish some on here had got into their cars and drove the short trip to Long Ashton to watch the behind closed door friendly we have just played....I watched under the pretence of playing golf :wink: but spent most of my time in the bushes overlooking the pitch...Even the green keepers joined me, after a few minutes of wondering what I was doing in the bushes :lol:
It was a better way of spending your time rather than sit on here arguing about things we cant alter unless we are asked to do so by the BOD.
i am as concerned as anyone on here about what goes on at our club but I wont get involved in things just because someone posts up a rumour. NO that's not me with my head in the sand.


By the way the first half was better than the second...Sheehan and Crofts look the biz.

Anyway signing off now to complete my 9 holes I paid for before going to work this afternoon/evening and trying to avoid the score in the England game until I get home and watch it...If we win I cant see me avoiding the score as every Radio Station will be talking about it.......






FOUR


Proper fan this guy! I’ve supported the County since the 50’s but never gone to those extremes to watch a friendly. Well done Corky! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:




Don't worry I haven't completely lost it, it wasn't just a special trip...The wife has family living in the area, I get to play 9 holes of golf on a course I haven't played on for 20 years and watch a County game as well.........If Carlsberg did mornings....I have just had one of them :wink: :lol:


A few beers and an England win would make it a decent day
User avatar
User

Baladabadi

Posts

206

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Baladabadi » July 11th, 2018, 4:28 pm

BASSALEG EXILE wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:How was Trailist 4 AKA Alex Samizadeh?

I do enjoy your half serious half joking plugging of Samizadeh at any given opportunity but I have to ask the question, is Trialist 4 actually him?

I strongly doubt it. :grin:
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1899

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby whoareya » July 11th, 2018, 4:52 pm

neilcork68 wrote:....I watched under the pretence of playing golf :wink: but spent most of my time in the bushes overlooking the pitch...Even the green keepers joined me, after a few minutes of wondering what I was doing in the bushes :lol:




Sounds like a paragraph from Doggers weekly.
no avatar
User

Triangle

Posts

3534

Location

With the Panthers

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Triangle » July 11th, 2018, 7:52 pm

A good start.
User avatar
User

Countymax

Posts

24

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Countymax » July 12th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Love to know who the trialists were. V exciting and well balanced 1st team that played in the first half, happy with that. Just need a bit more depth and strength in the squad now.
User avatar
User

Countymax

Posts

24

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Countymax » July 12th, 2018, 12:25 pm

BASSALEG EXILE wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:How was Trailist 4 AKA Alex Samizadeh?

I do enjoy your half serious half joking plugging of Samizadeh at any given opportunity but I have to ask the question, is Trialist 4 actually him?


I find it a bit tiresome TBH
User avatar
User

Baladabadi

Posts

206

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Baladabadi » July 12th, 2018, 4:27 pm

It's a bit of fun.

Makes a change from the doom and gloom or arguements that seem to be clogging up the message board recently.
User avatar
User

BASSALEG EXILE

Posts

210

Location

Newport

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby BASSALEG EXILE » July 12th, 2018, 4:34 pm

Baladabadi wrote:It's a bit of fun.

Makes a change from the doom and gloom or arguements that seem to be clogging up the message board recently.

I wouldn't know as I've muted Stan, GSB, Alan G Bryant and Jimmy. Much more positive and constructive when you can no longer see those 4 posts.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10045

Re: Brizzle City Friendly

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 12th, 2018, 4:36 pm

BASSALEG EXILE wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:It's a bit of fun.

Makes a change from the doom and gloom or arguements that seem to be clogging up the message board recently.

I wouldn't know as I've muted Stan, GSB, Alan G Bryant and Jimmy. Much more positive and constructive when you can no longer see those 4 posts.


Very wise. :grin:
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Micheal, mike wilks and 23 guests

Powered by phpBB ®