Re: Rumour Control.

Mr Figo wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:They way I see it is pretty simple. Last season we had a good year financially. The WRU recognised this and have implemented clauses in the poor agreement to extricate more money out of us. The board are disputing it and do not feel they can comment publicly yet.

Give them a break.
Reading between the lines, am I right in saying that the contract that we signed effectively means that any meaningful profit from playing football goes to the WRU? So they get rent, profit on food & beer and also profit off our footballing profit. If this is the case we will never progress - they have us over a barrel. Madness.
You are right.

What I find interesting is that actually nobody is being critical of the board. I think that the directorate are just angry because I have been proved correct about our need for us having our stadium.

Then again they might just be angry full stop.

Few questions

Threadbare - "If this is an Asylum" Why not try to break out?

Loyalfoot - What is it like up on that cloud in the sky?

George Street - Why do you clearly hate Stan please take a chill pill!

AGB - Does it make you truly happy thinking everything relating to the County and your employers is a bed of Roses?

George Street-Bridge wrote:But a few weeks ago Rodney Parade was the only game in town?
It is the only game in town for us which surely should be a massive concern for every county fan if there is a major breakdown in relationships between the WRU and the county.

George Street-Bridge wrote:But a few weeks ago Rodney Parade was the only game in town?
Read that which I wrote.

If Newport County AFC can negotiate with the City Council. If Newport County, Dragons and Newport City Council all have a stake in Rodney Parade, then that is the only show in town.

If you are going to scrutinize do so. What you say I said is a lie.

whoareya wrote:Seems quite fitting today:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.
Let George answer for himself. He is so erudite that I am sure he will be able to either explain why my view is inconsistent or if he is unable to do so I feel certain that George will do what any dignified person would do and apologize for the needless embarrassment he has caused.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: My opinion is that the people of Newport are not idiots. You are entitled to believe that they are. Brave, if I may say so. :shock:
Stan - remind us which forum user wrote this: " ... typical Newport. Quite prepared to give out stick, whines like a piglet at the merest hint of criticism."

I don't know if he is still in the job, but if so this refers to someone with whom the club would presumably right now be discussing the small print around complying with our groundshare licence.
That was me.

Sadly our inability to face problems and blaming others is a failing of Newportonians. And we know it.

There are worse faults. Being a sanctimonious little prig is one of them. 8)