Re: Rumour Control.

Exile 1976 wrote:I'm just genuinely surprised at the amount of people on this message board who don't think that if people have potentially bad/worrying information about the club that could have serious consequences for us, we should not bring it up or discuss it.

Unfortunately, and i know his intentions were good, a director has posted this thread today but instead of squashing the main rumour (our situation with the WRU) has only added to it.
By all means bring it up, but substantiate it over and above 'my mate' and 'I've heard' or better still contact one of the many directors and then either post a response that has some credibility or back off.

You cant have it both ways, you say this place is just an unofficial message board but then use it to raise what you've heard and expect the club to then release official statements in response.

This cracks me up.

Hypothetically if a situation existed and If the board came on here and suddenly declared for example that WRU are squeezing us like a lemon and being difficult, what exactly would Stan, exile and Bush do about it?

I want to hear from you shit stirrers and drama queens as to what you would physically do. You all had the chance to be involved, but have declined to stand up and be counted on more than one occasion. So that proves that when there has been a need and an opportunity for you to help, you were not willing to stand up.

So let us hear it.
Last edited by Triangle on July 11th, 2018, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whoareya wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I'm just genuinely surprised at the amount of people on this message board who don't think that if people have potentially bad/worrying information about the club that could have serious consequences for us, we should not bring it up or discuss it.

Unfortunately, and i know his intentions were good, a director has posted this thread today but instead of squashing the main rumour (our situation with the WRU) has only added to it.
By all means bring it up, but substantiate it over and above 'my mate' and 'I've heard' or better still contact one of the many directors and then either post a response that has some credibility or back off.

You cant have it both ways, you say this place is just an unofficial message board but then use it to raise what you've heard and expect the club to then release official statements in response.

You don't get it, just pissing into the wind trying to explain anything to you. I'll leave it there, you just keep your head in the sand muc.

Exile 1976 wrote:
whoareya wrote:

You don't get it, just pissing into the wind trying to explain anything to you. I'll leave it there, you just keep your head in the sand muc.
Yes, you do that, and I'll stick to believing tangible information from reliable sources.

JonD wrote:
whoareya wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Why do posters speak in Riddles

If they know something spit it out

Because they have delusions of grandeur.
Why you rapscallion. I’ve a good mind to set the dogs on you for your insolence.

;)
Pardon me squire

**Doffs cap, tugs forelock**

Exile 1976 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:They way I see it is pretty simple. Last season we had a good year financially. The WRU recognised this and have implemented clauses in the poor agreement to extricate more money out of us. The board are disputing it and do not feel they can comment publicly yet.

Give them a break.

Just to confirm that I don't blame the current Board for the situation we're in in the slightest

This situation arises because Newport County do not have a stake in a suitable stadium.

In 30 years I have never heard single director of Newport County acknowledge that, let alone do anything about it. And unless or until we we acknowledge it we will simply lurch from one crisis to the next.

I do not know what the solution is. I believe that working towards we will find one. If boards of directors directors and supporters alike do now, that which we have always done in the past we are bound to fail. Whatever the cost of developing a stadium, be it at Rodney Parade or elsewhere, be it in conjunction with the rugby or alone, the cost of not developing a stadium is much higher.

I am sorry this sounds arrogant but I am right on this. If you disagree with me you are wrong.

The WRU owe a fiduciary duty to Newport Rugby Football Club. Newport Athletic club as they were once known. 30 years ago Newport Rugby had a perfectly adequate stadium for the time. It was on prime estate, they were watched by crowds usually larger than Newport County

Today Newport Rugby play in front of a few hundred diehards, their stadium filtched. If the WRU are willing to do that to Newport Rugby, do you think for one moment that they give a flying f@ck about us?

To all the directors, new and old of Newport County. On my knees I beg you. Either acknowledge the problem we all know we have and let's work together to build our future. And if you can't bring yourself to do that, get the f@ck out of my club.