Re: Rumour Control.

Also, worthy of note, is that last time I checked posting off topic was not actually against the rules. Though it's frequently treated like it is. My pet hate is ambiguous titles should not be allowed. So "another thought" should not be allowed because the subject topic cannot be determined from the title (I'm looking at you Stan! :-) )...... but that's just my personal view.

newgroundrodney wrote:
The Newport wrote:Does Stan, really have a YouTube channel?
If he does, any links?

Thank you very much for the link.
I will watch it later, as it's a bit late in this part the world.
I need my beauty sleep, as I have important meeting later on today.

lowandhard wrote:I must say , that’s my impression too. His main problem is he disrupts threads with vendettas against his sworn enemies on this board who have a history between them. In fairness , he has good reason when he’s misrepresented or misquoted but it bores other posters. Like you I don’t find his views negative, on the contrary. I think he wants to “out “ humbug and dishonesty but his occasional pomposity grates with some people. I think that this occasional vice is forgivable as long as it’s entertaining . Live and let live I say, what was the ban for because I still don’t get it? It seems a bit arbitrary.
Fair point there and I would agree with most of that. I never understand posters on here who says he doesn't have the County' best interest at heart. He saw the club fold 30 years ago and will do all in his power to prevent it happening again.

As regards his 'pomposity', take it in the spirit it is intended. If that winds people up, I suspect that he gets a kick out of that! It's not serious.

One thing - you mentioned misrepresenting and misquoting. I would go further than that. Sometimes 'selective' posting is used. Quoting 'bits' of what he wrote in a previous post. Sometimes quoting a posters whole post can be long winded and takes up a lot of space on the mb, but, if you want to state what the poster wrote it is probably better to use the whole post so that the message can be taken in context.

Any man that tries to derail our football club during our play off push by revealing Flynn's salary and colluding with a bitter ex employee to launch a personal attack on our chairman can never ever claim to have the interests of the club at heart. I see Swansea paid out over £100k in tribunal fees last month by the way.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Any man that tries to derail our football club during our play off push by revealing Flynn's salary and colluding with a bitter ex employee to launch a personal attack on our chairman can never ever claim to have the interests of the club at heart. I see Swansea paid out over £100k in tribunal fees last month by the way.
How sad are you AGB
So Flynnys salary was the reason why we never made the play offs?
A bitter ex employee who won his tribunal case
I would be bitter if I lost my job without just cause
I really hope your position over the County is a mundane position as please help us if you make any serious decisions.
So Swansea lost £100K on tribunals that makes it all okay
You really are unbelievable

jollysuperstar wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Any man that tries to derail our football club during our play off push by revealing Flynn's salary and colluding with a bitter ex employee to launch a personal attack on our chairman can never ever claim to have the interests of the club at heart. I see Swansea paid out over £100k in tribunal fees last month by the way.
How sad are you AGB
So Flynnys salary was the reason why we never made the play offs?
A bitter ex employee who won his tribunal case
I would be bitter if I lost my job without just cause
I really hope your position over the County is a mundane position as please help us if you make any serious decisions.
So Swansea lost £100K on tribunals that makes it all okay
You really are unbelievable
With you Jolly, so this guy is saying Stan’s views would help derail a football teams performances. As you say unbelievable . I would say unf*ckingbelievable

Try and read what I write , I said 'tries' to derail our football club. I am pretty sure that attendances were up during the personal attack on Gavin and not one fan protest. It is also worth pointing out that the meeting that Gavin attended passed without incident, strange that, is it not.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Try and read what I write , I said 'tries' to derail our football club. I am pretty sure that attendances were up during the personal attack on Gavin and not one fan protest. It is also worth pointing out that the meeting that Gavin attended passed without incident, strange that, is it not.
Fans by and large come to support the team and not to protest about the financial prudence or otherwise of the football club. It doesn’t mean they agree with wasting money on tribunal cases. In addition , only a small percentage can be bothered to turn up at meetings and a vanishingly small number of them would have the confidence to stand up and question the chairman about matters they haven’t even been told the facts of. You are really beyond belief . As Jollysuperstar said, I fervently hope that you are not in a position of authority because all you’ve done here is betray your lack of logic and ridiculous reasoning. If you are on the board , then may all the gods be with us because otherwise we are doomed.

AGB
Give over Stan never made an attack on Gavin
An awful lot of fans were very disappointed that he failed to attend 3 meetings on the trot
It was nice to see him at the final one and for my sins I got a pat on the back from him.
Stan is a very long standing fan who has been barking on for years about a ground which looks like it will now once more bite us on the bum
You are a serial Ostrich who cannot see beyond perfection.
Anybody dares question anything relating to the team gets insulted by you and always you fail to man up when contributors query your Insults
Everybody is a keyboard warrior in your narrow world
A choice of sitting next to Stan or you at a County game it would be Stan every time.
Dream on

jollysuperstar wrote:AGB
Give over Stan never made an attack on Gavin
An awful lot of fans were very disappointed that he failed to attend 3 meetings on the trot
It was nice to see him at the final one and for my sins I got a pat on the back from him.
Stan is a very long standing fan who has been barking on for years about a ground which looks like it will now once more bite us on the bum
You are a serial Ostrich who cannot see beyond perfection.
Anybody dares question anything relating to the team gets insulted by you and always you fail to man up when contributors query your Insults
Everybody is a keyboard warrior in your narrow world
A choice of sitting next to Stan or you at a County game it would be Stan every time.
Dream on
Good luck with that.

lowandhard wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Try and read what I write , I said 'tries' to derail our football club. I am pretty sure that attendances were up during the personal attack on Gavin and not one fan protest. It is also worth pointing out that the meeting that Gavin attended passed without incident, strange that, is it not.
Fans by and large come to support the team and not to protest about the financial prudence or otherwise of the football club. It doesn’t mean they agree with wasting money on tribunal cases. In addition , only a small percentage can be bothered to turn up at meetings and a vanishingly small number of them would have the confidence to stand up and question the chairman about matters they haven’t even been told the facts of. You are really beyond belief . As Jollysuperstar said, I fervently hope that you are not in a position of authority because all you’ve done here is betray your lack of logic and ridiculous reasoning. If you are on the board , then may all the gods be with us because otherwise we are doomed.

I disagree entirely. In recent years we have seen fans of Orient , Blackpool and Coventry stage strong protests against their owners. The Newport public would be no different if the majority had the same concerns as the handful on here.

The reality is that only a small percentage turn up to meetings is because the majority are content and are intelligent enough to recognise the difficulties a club like ours face.