Rumour Control.

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

1835

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Percy plunkett » July 11th, 2018, 12:58 pm

You are obviously the man to steer us in the right direction,as Ryan said,give him a ring.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5441

Location

Sheffield

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Amberexile » July 11th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:"Hi, good morning,

This is your Captain speaking. Just like to control a fee rumours.

There has been a little hiccup. Nothing to worry about. Our ship satisfies all safety regulations. The first class passengers are all safe and the Carpathia is steaming towards us as I speak. To add to your comfort we have reopened all the bars and the drinks are all free. Yes what is it Exile 76?"


"I was just wondering if there are enough lifeboats for us poor devils in streerage?"


"As I was saying, our ship satisfies all safety regulations, the first class passengers are safe, and the drinks are free. Oh look lots of ice from that berg we scraped for your free drinks."


Are you saying that the club is going under imminently and the leadership is misleading the supporters?
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1798

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby whoareya » July 11th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:"Hi, good morning,

This is your Captain speaking. Just like to control a fee rumours.

There has been a little hiccup. Nothing to worry about. Our ship satisfies all safety regulations. The first class passengers are all safe and the Carpathia is steaming towards us as I speak. To add to your comfort we have reopened all the bars and the drinks are all free. Yes what is it Exile 76?"


"I was just wondering if there are enough lifeboats for us poor devils in streerage?"


"As I was saying, our ship satisfies all safety regulations, the first class passengers are safe, and the drinks are free. Oh look lots of ice from that berg we scraped for your free drinks."


Hooray, another puzzle for the peasants.



Oompa loompa doompety da
Do as I say you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

16802

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby UPTHEPORT » July 11th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Why do posters speak in Riddles

If they know something spit it out
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 11th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:"Hi, good morning,

This is your Captain speaking. Just like to control a fee rumours.

There has been a little hiccup. Nothing to worry about. Our ship satisfies all safety regulations. The first class passengers are all safe and the Carpathia is steaming towards us as I speak. To add to your comfort we have reopened all the bars and the drinks are all free. Yes what is it Exile 76?"


"I was just wondering if there are enough lifeboats for us poor devils in streerage?"


"As I was saying, our ship satisfies all safety regulations, the first class passengers are safe, and the drinks are free. Oh look lots of ice from that berg we scraped for your free drinks."


Are you saying that the club is going under imminently and the leadership is misleading the supporters?


No.

I am saying that Ryan has confirmed that there are problems with the WRU.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1798

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby whoareya » July 11th, 2018, 1:07 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Why do posters speak in Riddles

If they know something spit it out



Because they have delusions of grandeur.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 11th, 2018, 1:09 pm

whoareya wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Why do posters speak in Riddles

If they know something spit it out



Because they have delusions of grandeur.


Whereas you just have delusions. 8)
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5441

Location

Sheffield

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Amberexile » July 11th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:"Hi, good morning,

This is your Captain speaking. Just like to control a fee rumours.

There has been a little hiccup. Nothing to worry about. Our ship satisfies all safety regulations. The first class passengers are all safe and the Carpathia is steaming towards us as I speak. To add to your comfort we have reopened all the bars and the drinks are all free. Yes what is it Exile 76?"


"I was just wondering if there are enough lifeboats for us poor devils in streerage?"


"As I was saying, our ship satisfies all safety regulations, the first class passengers are safe, and the drinks are free. Oh look lots of ice from that berg we scraped for your free drinks."


Are you saying that the club is going under imminently and the leadership is misleading the supporters?


No.

I am saying that Ryan has confirmed that there are problems with the WRU.


In my view you would be better off saying so rather than spouting a load of old claptrap that insinuates that directors are being duplicitous.
Also it was stated at the last open meeting that we are having problems with the WRU so it's hardly news.
User avatar
User

Marky

Posts

2744

Location

Mazeglaas

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Marky » July 11th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Cromwellend2 wrote:
That was the whole point of the thread was to say I will comment on what I can, otherwise wait of an official announcement on any mater. UTC


So you can tell us what we do know and not tell us what we don't know. :cheers:
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1798

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby whoareya » July 11th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Why do posters speak in Riddles

If they know something spit it out



Because they have delusions of grandeur.


Whereas you just have delusions. 8)


:pottytrain2:
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

7579

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby lowandhard » July 11th, 2018, 1:31 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Imho wouldn’t be a bad idea to get a licence in one of the empty pubs in town and combine it with a club shop there also selling tea, coffee and snacks during the day. Newport seems to love coffee shops, and the inhabitants of the city ( like me ) have always enjoyed a drink! :grin:



Have you seen the rents/ rates the shops have to pay in the City Centre ? That's one of the reasons shops are struggling


Yeah I appreciate that but a multipurpose venue as above has a chance of fulfilling all the rôle we need of a retail outlet, booze, food, soft drinks, shop and ticketing, that should ensure some footfall. After all despite that these shops are allegedly “ struggling “, there is absolutely no shortage of coffee shops and pubs! Perhaps Clarence Place would be a cheaper venue and closer to the ground.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Posts

415

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Alan G Bryant » July 11th, 2018, 1:40 pm

They way I see it is pretty simple. Last season we had a good year financially. The WRU recognised this and have implemented clauses in the poor agreement to extricate more money out of us. The board are disputing it and do not feel they can comment publicly yet.

Give them a break.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13728

Location

MT

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Exile 1976 » July 11th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:They way I see it is pretty simple. Last season we had a good year financially. The WRU recognised this and have implemented clauses in the poor agreement to extricate more money out of us. The board are disputing it and do not feel they can comment publicly yet.

Give them a break.



Just to confirm that I don't blame the current Board for the situation we're in in the slightest
no avatar
User

jollysuperstar

Posts

130

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby jollysuperstar » July 11th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Few more points

Thanks Ryan mate.

Like Rob appreciate you coming on here.

One little problem being that all the points you raised in your initial thread all of us with brain cells new anyway.

The one thing we did not know has now been answered after Owls asked you.

We have been locked out of our proposed shop/ticket office hence Kingsway and the Neon here we now come.

Feel for you and the rest of the lads on the board.
AGB you really do my head in sorry to say
.
All is okay of course.

Just a little thanks to any Board member who takes the time to contribute on hear.

Keep taking the tablets lads.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13728

Location

MT

Re: Rumour Control.

Postby Exile 1976 » July 11th, 2018, 2:14 pm

I'm just genuinely surprised at the amount of people on this message board who don't think that if people have potentially bad/worrying information about the club that could have serious consequences for us, we should not bring it up or discuss it.

Unfortunately, and i know his intentions were good, a director has posted this thread today but instead of squashing the main rumour (our situation with the WRU) has only added to it.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Goddard & woods and 18 guests

Powered by phpBB ®