Re: TNS champions league

AmberRundgren. wrote:It doesn’t pay to shy away from controversy.....
If County were to give the appropriate notice to the EFL, make agreement with FAW to enter at the WPL level, then there is every likelihood that the footballing future would be exciting.
Probability of European games every year would give good income, with no expectation of a crowd of 10,000 we would no longer need Rodney Parade and the WRU could ***ck **** ground up ***** ar**. Running costs would be a tiny fraction, the club could maintain its history, its colours and actually have something to play for which would generate real interest and support (being the biggest represented city in the competition) and which would have the altruistic knock on effect of lifting the whole game in Wales.
.....just a thought.
What have you been drinking? Exciting?

No expectation of a crowd of 10,000? You would be lucky to get over 500.

Having something to play for? You mean winning a poor standard of a league and then getting hammered in Europe?

Good income of European Games? You mean low crowds not even paying for the travel costs to Belarus?

You do know of our history?

I actually fancy a football trip to Belarus. Think I’d prefer that to Mansfield. Get to see a whole new culture, take you out of your comfort zone a little. Doesn’t sound bad to me.
And Tsingtao. 4 for 2.99 in the offie on Malpas Road. If you can put up with being a suspected shoplifter just by walking in.

AmberRundgren. wrote:
G Guest wrote:Newport City play on the Welsh pyramid with a spectacular lack of success. Nobody in Newport is interested.
Yes when I submitted my point I did have that in the back of my mind. It’s the winning argument alright.
To be fair they are only one step up from a pub team but have plenty of ambition. With the right support they could do well and get into the Welsh Prem.

G Guest wrote:Newport City play on the Welsh pyramid with a spectacular lack of success. Nobody in Newport is interested.
Yes, but that's mainly because Newport County exist, and also because they play in the Welsh League 3rd Division which is a couple of steps above parks football.

If there was a Newport side at the top of the Welsh pyramid there would be a bit more interest (unless they played at the same time as a County side in the EFL...). Welsh football at that level is remarkably parochial though, I mean did anyone on here bother to go and see Cwmbran Town either in the LoW or Europe when they played (I'm guessing maybe against Celtic in 1999 but who's the draw there)? Bizarre to think they're only a Gwent County Division One side now and have been at that level for 7 years with Cwmbran Celtic, who basically used to play on the park next to Cwmbran Stadium, three leagues above them.

Barnabas wrote:The New Saints' prize money for this season in Europe has now topped 1 million euros as a result of their aggregate victory last week.
This Thursday evening they play the Danish champions in the 3rd qualifying round, at Cardiff City stadium, 7.45pm. Only £5 to get in.

Why is it being played so far away in Cardiff? I don't understand how it works, but purely on the surface, you'd think the Danish champions would be a bit better than a 3rd Qual Round.
At £5 a ticket, in such a massive stadium, wont the costs outweigh the receipts?

newgroundrodney wrote:
Barnabas wrote:The New Saints' prize money for this season in Europe has now topped 1 million euros as a result of their aggregate victory last week.
This Thursday evening they play the Danish champions in the 3rd qualifying round, at Cardiff City stadium, 7.45pm. Only £5 to get in.

Why is it being played so far away in Cardiff? I don't understand how it works, but purely on the surface, you'd think the Danish champions would be a bit better than a 3rd Qual Round.
At £5 a ticket, in such a massive stadium, wont the costs outweigh the receipts?
With 1 million Euros prize money so far, does it matter?

newgroundrodney wrote:

Because TNS ground isn't up to UEFA standards from 3rd QR onwards