Re: My First Podacst

When I get a chance I'll try having another listen. My first listen was after finishing a night shift, and I really couldn't deal with the music at the start which I found incredibly annoying since it overran your words too. I though 'I can't listen to this shit'....but then I was tired and therefore irritable. I will give it another listen when I can, but if you could think about the intro music, maybe toning it down or something. It seemed very over powering and gave ME PERSONALLY a poor first impression. This is feedback, not negative criticism.
But I will re-listen at some point.

As an exile I will take any news on the County that I can get. Enjoyed that, keep them coming Rhys.

One mild criticism, and this comes from an old fashioned, grey haired old fart - I don't really see the need for music at the start. For me, the County is the draw, not the music. Apart from that, great. Nice one.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have followed Jackorias the advice and I have got soundcloud to link to itunes so it is now available offline. I will look at the music too, most podcasts I listen to have music during the introduction which is why I included it in mine. I might try and reduce the levels and maybe pick a less noisy song for the next one, see how it goes.

Est.1912 wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. I have followed Jackorias the advice and I have got soundcloud to link to itunes so it is now available offline. I will look at the music too, most podcasts I listen to have music during the introduction which is why I included it in mine. I might try and reduce the levels and maybe pick a less noisy song for the next one, see how it goes.
Perhaps a county related intro might be worth considering?

Podcast Episode 2

Once again thanks for all the feedback, I have just uploaded this weeks episode. I've taken your advice on board: It's now on iTunes, I have toned down the music and it doesn't overlap my speech as much.

This week I share my thoughts about the new kit and sponsors and a little about how I would like to see our community grow. Next episode I am hoping to break down the complex situation around RP and then before the start of the season I would like to do an episode with a co-host or two to do a season preview.

Rhys

https://soundcloud.com/rhys-warren-2/19 ... 2-kit-talk

Thanks for posting this - yes, agreed with the rest of the posters, it's a good first podcast, and if you do continue to make these, particularly when the season starts, I'd certainly use it to get a different viewof the games to what I would read in the press or online (a London Exile, I can't make it to many games).

Sound quality is ok - certainly not a major issue. These days, even iPhone microphones are of average quality. Those who listen to professional radio frequently will notice a difference, but not a problem for this sort of thing.

I do think the podcast would work better with a second voice. You don't necessarily need someone with strong views - even if it's just someone asking you the questions - it will just be a bit more engaging.

I've worked on podcasts before, so any Qs, just drop me a line.

Re: Podcast Episode 2

Interesting listen again.
My thoughts on some areas:
05:50 I'd like to see Amber Shirts, Black Shorts, Amber Socks for the home kit. Only swap kits away where there is an obvious colour clash.
10:13 the non-functioning online shop is just one of a few things that COLLECTIVELY suggest that something is not right.
18:20 Supporting your local team. I disagree. You support the team you feel an affinity towards. We need people supporting County from the widest catchment area. I follow two teams, neither of which are my local team.

Keep the podcasts coming.
An idea would be do a feature on ONE particular player, perhaps half of the podcast, perhaps starting with the newer players.

Re: Newport County AFC Podcasts

Interesting diverse opinions about supporting your local team, and I can see the merit of both arguments, but believe the best way forward for increasing attendances is for the whole of Newport and indeed of Gwent to identify with the County and see them as our team. This is most crucial for the younger generation. There is a whole generation out there who have never known a league team in their geographical county. Very difficult of course because of the increased availability of live football on the television. The ability of the academy tp produce local players for the first team would be enormously beneficial of course.

Re: Podcast Episode 2

newgroundrodney wrote:Interesting listen again.
My thoughts on some areas:
05:50 I'd like to see Amber Shirts, Black Shorts, Amber Socks for the home kit. Only swap kits away where there is an obvious colour clash.
10:13 the non-functioning online shop is just one of a few things that COLLECTIVELY suggest that something is not right.
18:20 Supporting your local team. I disagree. You support the team you feel an affinity towards. We need people supporting County from the widest catchment area. I follow two teams, neither of which are my local team.

Keep the podcasts coming.
An idea would be do a feature on ONE particular player, perhaps half of the podcast, perhaps starting with the newer players.
Thanks for the feedback I think the amber-black-amber will be the first choice at home, although the all amber kit from a few years ago was very popular. But like you I would prefer most of the time to stick with A-B-A where we can. It's nice to see today we are getting a "superstore" in Kingsway opening 21st July.
I agree that we need to draw fans from as wide an area as possible but that is a challenge given the competition from PL on TV and premiership and championship clubs surrounding us geographically, though not impossible. The areas of Gwent that I mentioned don't have any top class sport so they may be easier to win over and they are close enough to attend games. I know a lot of fans have another team that they follow too. The teams in the top 6 in the PL are so far above us in the structure loyalties are rarely divided. I like the player profile idea, I have seen that the amber army is doing something like that on Youtube at the moment but I might look into it.