Re: CUDDY GROUP GOES INTO ADMINISTRATION

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Plus we would have needed a good enviromental planning lawyer. They do not come cheap as we know.
Development of a stadium would have been hard. It is much easier to find reasons not to do it.

Most things that are really worthwhile are hard. There are always lots of seemingly good reasons for not doing these things.

Un July 1969 a man walked on the moon. This feat was achieved nearly fifty years ago. When in 1963 months before his assassination John F. Kennedy commited the United States ro putting a man on the moon before the end of that decade most people thought him crazy.

JFK said it that America chose to put a man on the moon before 1970, not because it was easy but because it was hard.

Think about it.

I have thought about it and I think that it would actually be easier to fake a moon landing in 1969 than it would for the good people of Newport to build a fit for purpose stadium today.

We have a council that is historically not interested, a business community that keep telling their mates that they want certain board members to leave before they donate their millions (yet we still struggle for sponsors) and we have a fan base that donate less than £40k a year.

Perhaps you should think about it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:As I said there are always plenty of reasons for not doing things and it would seem plenty of people who will tell you that it is too difficult to do.

Anyone reading this must make their own minds up. I can only tell you what I think and you must make your own minds up.
Stan,the last 30 years are gone.The other 3 regions are pissed off with the WRU bailing out the Dragons and have just recieved £2.4m between them in hush money.Now is the time for NRFC and the County to get together as in 2 years I believe the Dragons will be gone and Dave will be sold for housing.

abf9 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:As I said there are always plenty of reasons for not doing things and it would seem plenty of people who will tell you that it is too difficult to do.

Anyone reading this must make their own minds up. I can only tell you what I think and you must make your own minds up.
Stan,the last 30 years are gone.The other 3 regions are pissed off with the WRU bailing out the Dragons and have just recieved £2.4m between them in hush money.Now is the time for NRFC and the County to get together as in 2 years I believe the Dragons will be gone and Dave will be sold for housing.
Didn’t the Scarlets also get bailed out.

abf9 wrote:

Now is the time for NRFC and County to get together.

I agree entirely.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
abf9 wrote:

Now is the time for NRFC and County to get together.

I agree entirely.

Why, What do NRFC bring to the table? our checkatrade attendances are higher.

Marky wrote:Who will Newport's rugby fans support if the Dragons go?
I think there is a hard core NRC following that refuses to watch the dragons, in essence they are the rugby equivalent of the MK dons, and I totally get that. Imagine Newport County split into a Gwent team and playing in obscure leagues?

I guess the worrying thing is that our landlords are also the same organisation that has totally f..ked up Welsh Rugby.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Not being a pedant I chose to use the term NRFC as interchangeable with Dragons.

The point made with which I agree entirely is that the senior rugby team and football team in Newport make common cause.
Fair enough, but how can we make common cause with an outfit that is owned by the same organisation that is currently pulling our pants down ?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Marky wrote:Who will Newport's rugby fans support if the Dragons go?
I think there is a hard core NRC following that refuses to watch the dragons, in essence they are the rugby equivalent of the MK dons, and I totally get that. Imagine Newport County split into a Gwent team and playing in obscure leagues?

I guess the worrying thing is that our landlords are also the same organisation that has totally f..ked up Welsh Rugby.
Whilst the WRU may be guilty of being unreasonable with the county at present to say they have f***ed up Welsh rugby is frankly nonsense. Since the concept of rugby going professional and the creation of regional rugby the national team has won several six nations championships , at least two grand slams and have been world cup semi-finalists,despite being massively under-resourced compared with England and France.