Re: Meet Flynny & the First Team

Can't believe people find issue with this. Been done for the last few seasons at a price. To insuinuate that the people running The Usk Vale are lining their pockets at the fans expense is just poor show.
I've never attended one of these so no idea whether they are any good or not, but fairplay to the venue and the club for having a go.

Threadbare wrote:Can't believe people find issue with this. Been done for the last few seasons at a price. To insuinuate that the people running The Usk Vale are lining their pockets at the fans expense is just poor show.
I've never attended one of these so no idea whether they are any good or not, but fairplay to the venue and the club for having a go.
Totally agree .

I get the impression that the Club can't win at the moment whatever they do !
I can see that everything isn't perfect and that "discussions" are being held with WRU regarding our situation at RP .
Now we know what Newport Rugby Club have had to put up with , and they OWNED the place ???

Like Rob Sant has said .... let's move on , together , and stop all of this rumour mongering which is only doing damage .

Corpaboy wrote: Like Rob Sant has said .... let's move on , together , and stop all of this rumour mongering which is only doing damage .
The only way to stop the rumours is for Rob Santwris and his fellow Directors to start communicating, not just to their mates, but to the Supporters at large.

Do you honestly think that if there was no substance to these rumours, that the Club would not have issued a statement to quash these damaging, not to say relationship wrecking, stories by now?

Great offer from Lowandhard on another thread, hope it is taken up as it seems a very open way of getting to the truth.
Interesting that the Dragon’s Chairman is prepared to discuss matters freely, whereas ours seemingly isn’t !

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Corpaboy wrote: Like Rob Sant has said .... let's move on , together , and stop all of this rumour mongering which is only doing damage .
The only way to stop the rumours is for Rob Santwris and his fellow Directors to start communicating, not just to their mates, but to the Supporters at large.

Do you honestly think that if there was no substance to these rumours, that the Club would not have issued a statement to quash these damaging, not to say relationship wrecking, stories by now?

Great offer from Lowandhard on another thread, hope it is taken up as it seems a very open way of getting to the truth.
Interesting that the Dragon’s Chairman is prepared to discuss matters freely, whereas ours seemingly isn’t !
The trouble with communicating with supporters is that, to do so means communicating with the world at large. There is no way to maintain confidentiality within the club and supporters. If the Board are in discussion and these discussions are delicate, do we really want anyone from outside the club to know all the ins and outs? Could that not jeopardise any solution? I haven't read Lowandhard's offer yet so can't comment but if Dragon's Chair is prepared to comment that's up to him and their Board - we don't have to follow suit.

Edit - just read - great idea - sooner the better, though there'll be the usual moans about lots of people being away because it's school/summer holidays!

jollysuperstar wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:He could come to the Bisley on open meeting night and we can speak to him for free.
Spot on Percy
At the third meeting I asked why Flynny and Byron were not in attendance.
Shaun stated not to worry they would both be at the final meeting.
Guess what no appearance but we can fork out £12 to say hello now.
Unbelievable harps, you're getting worse pal. '£12 to say hello" get a grip ffs

daftasfxxx wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:He could come to the Bisley on open meeting night and we can speak to him for free.
Spot on Percy
At the third meeting I asked why Flynny and Byron were not in attendance.
Shaun stated not to worry they would both be at the final meeting.
Guess what no appearance but we can fork out £12 to say hello now.
Unbelievable harps, you're getting worse pal. '£12 to say hello" get a grip ffs

Laughable is it not ? An owner that will expect us to get promoted on a low budget that begrudges paying £12 for a two course meal including meeting Mike Flynn and the team.

Daftas you miss the point
I don't want to have a meal at the Gladiator whether it's free or £50
Money doesn't come into the equation
Flynny was at the second meeting and I asked him a few questions the answers were actually very amusing especially his thoughts on Quigley
I was looking forward to another few wisecracks at meetings 3 and 4 when Shaun said he would appear
Never mind but so don't need to have a bit of grub at the Gladiator to meet him or the players as can have a chat when I bump into any of them
Not interested in replying to Bryant the fella is on cuckoo land as always
Jolly

Far from bitter
If it comes across that way apologies
Meeting 3 was so boring that I walked out before the end
Meeting 2 was good because Flynny made it more light hearted basically like I said previously
Again Shaun said him and Byron would be at number 4 but were not there
Seriously have a good time over the Gladiator
It's not for me but sure it will go well

daftasfxxx wrote:If money doesn't come into the equation then why even mention it? Guess what, you're not the only supporter and some of us enjoy this event, happens every season and at £12 is a flippin bargain, like you said you can have a chat over RP at anytime so why act so bitter?
Jolly might not be going, but Harps probably quite likes the idea. It depends which character he is playing on the day I guess.