Re: Meet Flynny & the First Team

Percy plunkett wrote:I do fear that Flynny is believing his own hype and his horse is growing too high,or his mate runs it and he's doing him a favour.

My view is that Mike Flynn has, and is doing lots of work both trying to embrace the businesses of Newport and the community. Why and how anyone can turn this into a negative post is very strange.

Percy plunkett wrote:He could come to the Bisley on open meeting night and we can speak to him for free.
Not sure how much your local pub charges for a 2 course evening meal but mine charges more than 12 quid...

So it's no money maker - just a great chance to chat with MF and the team in relaxed and relatively intimate surroundings.

Or you could grab fish and chips wrapped in paper on the way home for 7 quid ..

rgds Dave

Percy plunkett wrote:He could come to the Bisley on open meeting night and we can speak to him for free.
Spot on Percy
At the third meeting I asked why Flynny and Byron were not in attendance.
Shaun stated not to worry they would both be at the final meeting.
Guess what no appearance but we can fork out £12 to say hello now.

PerthDave wrote:
Not sure how much your local pub charges for a 2 course evening meal but mine charges more than 12 quid...

So it's no money maker - just a great chance to chat with MF and the team in relaxed and relatively intimate surroundings.

rgds Dave
Usk Vale charges £11 all week apparently.It's putting money in their pockets,what does the club get out of it.My point is,we should be able to have a chat anytime with MF for free.

Percy plunkett wrote:
PerthDave wrote:

rgds Dave
Usk Vale charges £11 all week apparently.It's putting money in their pockets,what does the club get out of it.My point is,we should be able to have a chat anytime with MF for free.
As mentioned - they whole point is that it's an opportunity that has been provided by the club (it's probably costing them money)
to meet the players and MF in intimate surroundings for an extended period or time-it's a PR thing... The money that you would pay is to cover the cost of the food - it is not a personal appearance fee for MF (or the team).

The club is just trying to reach out to it's fan-base and hopefully it will be well supported.

rgds Dave

Not only that, similar events are organised by most cubs on a regular basis.

It seems to me that some people just love to have something to moan about.

To repeat the advice of a previous poster, if you object to paying for a meal, don't go.