Re: The WRU, The Dragons and Newport rugby

NewportRugbyFan wrote:
mark oh wrote:
Bush wrote:End of the day it is obvious why the club cant say anything at the moment. So as fans we just have to be patient and trust our board.

I have no problem with the dragons CEO speaking to the clubs supporters after the club have announced what is going on but until then he should be kept as far away as possible from speaking to the club. A lot of rumours are already being released by rugby people into the public domain.

We must hear from our board first. I find it extremely amusing to see those who constantly tell people to trust the board and lay off them or stop spreading rumours etc now want an employee of another company come and tell us what is wrong with ours.
dont think anyone was envisaging that he was going to come and speak to us straightaway,anyway he needs an invite,the offer was made by himself but if no one wants him to attend so be it,as for the rumours coming from rugby fans i think we make a good enough job of that on our own with this message board
Hello

If you are referring to me as posting rumours then you are completely incorrect - my post was an absolute factual account to what has happened to Newport RFC.

As for David Buttress offering to meet your fans - I would be wary of anything he says. He is intrinsincly wedded to the WRU, the same WRU who have ruined one of the greatest rugby histories ever.

But above all else Buttress is the worst administrator/chairman in professional rugby right now with his team having the lowest crowds, the lowest commercial income and the worst results of any so called professional outfit so I wouldn’t put too much credence on what he has to say.

Back under your rock son. You’ve got school tomorrow.

Re: WRU & County

Barry Davies wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's nothing stopping the Argus getting an interview with him now either - even if only to discount or confirm the endless rumours.

Come on Pearlman - do your job.
Left the Argus in December 2015. Cheers.
Think you want Penman mate - or has he gone as well? For all the investigative reporting we get, who’d notice?

NewportRugbyFan wrote:
mark oh wrote:
Bush wrote:End of the day it is obvious why the club cant say anything at the moment. So as fans we just have to be patient and trust our board.

I have no problem with the dragons CEO speaking to the clubs supporters after the club have announced what is going on but until then he should be kept as far away as possible from speaking to the club. A lot of rumours are already being released by rugby people into the public domain.

We must hear from our board first. I find it extremely amusing to see those who constantly tell people to trust the board and lay off them or stop spreading rumours etc now want an employee of another company come and tell us what is wrong with ours.
dont think anyone was envisaging that he was going to come and speak to us straightaway,anyway he needs an invite,the offer was made by himself but if no one wants him to attend so be it,as for the rumours coming from rugby fans i think we make a good enough job of that on our own with this message board
Hello

If you are referring to me as posting rumours then you are completely incorrect - my post was an absolute factual account to what has happened to Newport RFC.

As for David Buttress offering to meet your fans - I would be wary of anything he says. He is intrinsincly wedded to the WRU, the same WRU who have ruined one of the greatest rugby histories ever.

But above all else Buttress is the worst administrator/chairman in professional rugby right now with his team having the lowest crowds, the lowest commercial income and the worst results of any so called professional outfit so I wouldn’t put too much credence on what he has to say.
i for one wasnt saying it was you making up these rumours,but your making statements regarding the way the dragons are run,dont forget if the stadium and the teams were still in the hands of hazell and brown ,youd have no teams no stadium they were going to put everything in administration or his your memory too short,or maybe as baz says its past your bedtime

Re: WRU & County

lowandhard wrote:
Barry Davies wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's nothing stopping the Argus getting an interview with him now either - even if only to discount or confirm the endless rumours.

Come on Pearlman - do your job.
Left the Argus in December 2015. Cheers.
Think you want Penman mate - or has he gone as well? For all the investigative reporting we get, who’d notice?
Yes, my mistake - I left Newport in 1993 when the Argus was still worth reading.

So to confirm - there's nothing stopping the Argus getting an interview with him now either - even if only to discount or confirm the endless rumours.

Come on Penman - do your job.

Pontyool RFC have announced that they will be leaving Pontypool Park within the next year , after 70 odd years of history .

The guy up there is also an ex Drag-ons Director (Jefferies I think his name is ?)

Wonder if they'll be in talks with WRU about where they can play in the future ??

Would the WRU want them at RP rather than us ?
Just a thought ....?

Corpaboy wrote:Pontyool RFC have announced that they will be leaving Pontypool Park within the next year , after 70 odd years of history .

The guy up there is also an ex Drag-ons Director (Jefferies I think his name is ?)

Wonder if they'll be in talks with WRU about where they can play in the future ??

Would the WRU want them at RP rather than us ?
Just a thought ....?
Having lived in Pontypool for many years now i can assure you that relationships between the WRU and Pontypool are still abrasive to say the least. Pontypool effectively bankrupted themselves fighting the WRU in the courts as they were excluded from the then professional Welsh club league.
Pontypool rfc will be looking to build a 3G pitch in Pontypool with probably only a couple of thousand spectator capacity, mainly terracing. I cannot see how it could possibly affect RP or the County

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Pontypool will probably share with Pontypool Utd.
Not sure where you got that from as their CEO (Ben Jeffreys-son of Peter Jeffreys) has said he is not looking to ground share, and the infrastructure into the United ground isn't suitable for premiership club rugby.
Only a short term measure - they aren't in the Premiership...yet!

To be honest if they are thinking of a 3g pitch then why not ground share with Utd?

Willthiswork wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Pontypool will probably share with Pontypool Utd.
Not sure where you got that from as their CEO (Ben Jeffreys-son of Peter Jeffreys) has said he is not looking to ground share, and the infrastructure into the United ground isn't suitable for premiership club rugby.
Only a short term measure - they aren't in the Premiership...yet!

To be honest if they are thinking of a 3g pitch then why not ground share with Utd?
You are right , they aren't in the premiership, and of course they may never get there, but the aspiration will be to play on a ground which meets the WRU criteria for premiership clubs. As for ground sharing i agree it makes sense, but am only quoting Ben Jeffreys who says he is not looking to ground share? I believe he has also mentioned renting out the 3G pitch for community use?
Perhaps to recoup some of the £1 million he has qouted for allocation for investment. Personally i wouldn't completely rule out Torfaen council and Pontypool rfc coming to a compromise.

p.s. another quote from Ben Jeffreys ' I don't care where they play (Pontypool rfc) as long as it's not in Newport'

George Street-Bridge wrote:If there are covenants around access to land bequeathed for public recreational use involved, it's a minefield. Where I live a legal row over parkland wanted for a so-called free school has been dragging on for years.
Whilst agreeing with you about covenants being minefields , Pontypool's rfc aguements revolve around precedents already being set in Pontypool park e.g. leisure centre, school, ski slope, skate park and bowling green all of whom have some sort of fencing or barrier around them preventing/discouraging public access at certain times.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:If there are covenants around access to land bequeathed for public recreational use involved, it's a minefield. Where I live a legal row over parkland wanted for a so-called free school has been dragging on for years.
Whilst agreeing with you about covenants being minefields , Pontypool's rfc aguements revolve around precedents already being set in Pontypool park e.g. leisure centre, school, ski slope, skate park and bowling green all of whom have some sort of fencing or barrier around them preventing/discouraging public access at certain times.
Well exactly. I lived in Pontypool as a kid and you could have added a putting green, bandstand and tennis courts to that list. Admittedly they were only ropes but a barrier of staked ropes was also used by the rugby ( I couldn’t afford to pay, so as a lad I took a run at them , jumped them ) and ran into the crowd :oops: ). They also used to hold gymkanas , fêtes, Galloway racing etc when the whole park was closed and you had to pay at the park gates! So as you say, it would hardly be setting a precedent! You can add Jazz in the park probably to that list