Re: The WRU, The Dragons and Newport rugby

Lenwearesaved wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Too mamy drama queens and gossip mongers on here at the moment. It's like the school yard at pick up time. Let the people in charge, who you voted in, do their job and then they'll let us know what is happening.

I can't wait for the season to start properly!
First time poster. My name is Gerry Lockwood and I live in the northwest. My granddad was from Newport and his big hero was Len Were. He told me he would have had many caps for Wales had he moved to a big club. Thats why I chose the name.

I think we should all just get behind the directors who run the club. Pretty good IMHO as we are in the league and concentrate on the football. I am hoping to get to see County for the first time this year as I dont live to far from Morecambe.
Welcome aboard Len! :grin: your grandpappy was right, he was a marvellous ‘keeper and I spent my early years enjoying his appearances. Welcome to the madhouse.

Re: WRU & County

Taffweigan wrote:
mark oh wrote:
Taffweigan wrote:Was suggested I look to host such an event and I posted my email address for Mr Buttress to get in contact if he is serious about this. Check page 1
i know that he is serious chris but he not going to come on our message board and look for an email,he needs a formal invite from the trust or one of the supporters group not "reply by email if your interested".his professionalism is way beyond that
I would be happy to do this if I had a point of contact. I dropped mine in as if he is serious he will contact me. Also the first words about the whole thing originated on here too
Taff please take this as it’s meant but I really feel an independent person should host it with a panel at the front and organised questioning. If you’re at the front the rugby fans will say that it’s biased and some county fans will say that you are being used as a puppet again. Go as a fan.

Since several threads were merged , for anyone to follow it and make sense of it , it would take as my old granny would say a “ Philadelphia lawyer “. The sense of it has been lost.
For the record, I agree with big baz in that I believe the way to go about asking David Buttress to give his views is via a trust invitation to a regular supporters meeting and he can be contacted rather easily via the Dragons. For what it’s worth , my view is that after reading some of the stuff on here , I really wonder whether some would welcome his presence at such an occasion which I think is an opportunity lost. As I’ve said elsewhere he should be seen as a potential ally rather than an adversary as I know he wants both codes to prosper. Not much more to be said really.

lowandhard wrote:Since several threads were merged , for anyone to follow it and make sense of it , it would take as my old granny would say a “ Philadelphia lawyer “. The sense of it has been lost.
For the record, I agree with big baz in that I believe the way to go about asking David Buttress to give his views is via a trust invitation to a regular supporters meeting and he can be contacted rather easily via the Dragons. For what it’s worth , my view is that after reading some of the stuff on here , I really wonder whether some would welcome his presence at such an occasion which I think is an opportunity lost. As I’ve said elsewhere he should be seen as a potential ally rather than an adversary as I know he wants both codes to prosper. Not much more to be said really.
Totally agree mate

pembsexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:They were interlinked and comments on one relating to the other therefore they were merged. It is quite simple to follow really.
Have to disagree there. I find and have found the previously merged threads sometimes difficult to follow.

Never really understood the need to merge threads. Wouldn't it be best just to leave well alone?
Yeah, the other downside to merging threads is the inevitable fallout as people try to make sense of them plus query the need for it.

In short, merging threads usually derails the dialogue. Almost like one’s mother changing the subject when asked about skeletons in the cupboard. Ahem.

End of the day it is obvious why the club cant say anything at the moment. So as fans we just have to be patient and trust our board.

I have no problem with the dragons CEO speaking to the clubs supporters after the club have announced what is going on but until then he should be kept as far away as possible from speaking to the club. A lot of rumours are already being released by rugby people into the public domain.

We must hear from our board first. I find it extremely amusing to see those who constantly tell people to trust the board and lay off them or stop spreading rumours etc now want an employee of another company come and tell us what is wrong with ours.

Bush wrote:End of the day it is obvious why the club cant say anything at the moment. So as fans we just have to be patient and trust our board.

I have no problem with the dragons CEO speaking to the clubs supporters after the club have announced what is going on but until then he should be kept as far away as possible from speaking to the club. A lot of rumours are already being released by rugby people into the public domain.

We must hear from our board first. I find it extremely amusing to see those who constantly tell people to trust the board and lay off them or stop spreading rumours etc now want an employee of another company come and tell us what is wrong with ours.
Why is it obvious? I’ve heard no rumours from rugby people , what rumours are those? Why must we hear from our board first? That said there was no intention to pre-empt them. Who said he was coming to tell us what’s wrong with our club? Do you know what’s wrong? I was told I could pick up my season ticket July 1st when I paid for it in May, we haven’t been told what’s causing the delay, what’s so difficult about producing these cards? There always seems to be a problem issuing them.

If someone claiming to be Santa Claus turned up and told us we were signing Neymar, I’m confident the fan base would laugh him out of town. Similarly, I happen to think that our fans can be trusted to form their opinions irrespective of where they’re coming from, I trust them , they are neither idiots nor sheep. What are you afraid of or if you, as it seems, have the confidence of the board, what are they afraid of? If they are afraid David Buttress will spill the beans, what sort of beans are they?

Bush wrote:End of the day it is obvious why the club cant say anything at the moment. So as fans we just have to be patient and trust our board.

dont think anyone was envisaging that he was going to come and speak to us straightaway,anyway he needs an invite,the offer was made by himself but if no one wants him to attend so be it,as for the rumours coming from rugby fans i think we make a good enough job of that on our own with this message board

mark oh wrote:

dont think anyone was envisaging that he was going to come and speak to us straightaway,anyway he needs an invite,the offer was made by himself but if no one wants him to attend so be it,as for the rumours coming from rugby fans i think we make a good enough job of that on our own with this message board
:lol: ain’t that the truth? :lol:

For once I agree with you 100%

mark oh wrote:

Hello

If you are referring to me as posting rumours then you are completely incorrect - my post was an absolute factual account to what has happened to Newport RFC.

As for David Buttress offering to meet your fans - I would be wary of anything he says. He is intrinsincly wedded to the WRU, the same WRU who have ruined one of the greatest rugby histories ever.

But above all else Buttress is the worst administrator/chairman in professional rugby right now with his team having the lowest crowds, the lowest commercial income and the worst results of any so called professional outfit so I wouldn’t put too much credence on what he has to say.