Re: Let's put this to bed.

Alan G Bryant wrote:So we have been paid on our sponsorship according to one poster, we have also negated the fire at bar amber to set up an excellent arrangement with the FAW, signed some quality players ( on paper ). It looks a pretty positive month to me, unless of course you believe there will be 3,000 locked out of RP on August 11th.
Oddly I am likewise told that Interbet have paid £50K. Funny Alan how you are willing to believe rumours when they suit but not when they don't.

Well maybe not so odd.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:So we have been paid on our sponsorship according to one poster, we have also negated the fire at bar amber to set up an excellent arrangement with the FAW, signed some quality players ( on paper ). It looks a pretty positive month to me, unless of course you believe there will be 3,000 locked out of RP on August 11th.
Oddly I am likewise told that Interbet have paid £50K. Funny Alan how you are willing to believe rumours when they suit but not when they don't.

Well maybe not so odd.
£50k ? How do you know ? That's excellent news

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well maybe not so odd.
£50k - is that a down payment and the rest to follow or the whole lot? If it's the whole lot I seem to remember somewhere that Mr Tom were paying a six figure sum ( I wonder if that was over a 2 year period though?).

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well maybe not so odd.
£50k ? How do you know ? That's excellent news
I don't. I was merely informed of this by one of my many contacts. Not unfortunately a director or official at the club. As I always say treat these things with caution. All I can say is this informant has been accurate in the past.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well maybe not so odd.
£50k - is that a down payment and the rest to follow or the whole lot? If it's the whole lot I seem to remember somewhere that Mr Tom were paying a six figure sum ( I wonder if that was over a 2 year period though?).
See above. Again I don't know.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:So he's not sure as normal just another rumour........
No I am not sure, which is why I made that clear.

I am sure that Newport County and the Welsh Rugby Football Union are in a standoff, having had that confirmed overnight.
To be fair a 'standoff' may be a bit dramatic.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I am sure that Newport County and the Welsh Rugby Football Union are in a standoff, having had that confirmed overnight.

It's not dramatic, things are in a real bad way with the WRU. Hopefully they'll somehow get sorted, asap.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Below is an extract from a post by Rob Santwris where there is seemingly a commitment to provide us with an update on the WRU position following the Board meeting on Thursday 5th. Have I missed it?

Postby guest101 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 am
Hi Rob,

Can you comment on when the new club shop will be open and whether FBT are fitting it out as per the design shown by Alex at one of the recent open meetings?[/quote]

Hi Board meeting tomorrow. Will have update Friday/ Sat

Rob

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Less dramatic then "we've been locked out of Rodney Parade" though , eh ? That's progress :roll:

I am a bit worried that we are selling tickets from the Neon. At the supporters meeting it was identified that the club would have its most flexible ticketing system ever with extended opening hours from the start of July. This no longer seems to be the case although there has been no official word from the club.

Skate Exile wrote:I am a bit worried that we are selling tickets from the Neon. At the supporters meeting it was identified that the club would have its most flexible ticketing system ever with extended opening hours from the start of July. This no longer seems to be the case although there has been no official word from the club.
I have no reason to doubt that Rob Sant' will give a proper update this weekend. Now clearly once this is done everyone will be in a position to judge.

My own view is that the problem lies solely in the fact that in the thirty years since our reformation those in control at our club have failed to address the problem of Newport County not having a stake in a fit for purpose stadium.

I hope and believe that it is possible that the new directors at the club will engage in a proper discussion of how we are going to rectify this. I hope that the previous generation of Messrs Foxall, Johnson, Collier etcetera don't put their own self-interest before the good of the club.