Re: Let's put this to bed.

guest101 wrote:To be fair a 'standoff' may be a bit dramatic.
Below is an extract from a post by Rob Santwris where there is seemingly a commitment to provide us with an update on the WRU position following the Board meeting on Thursday 5th. Have I missed it?

Postby guest101 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 am
Hi Rob,

Can you comment on when the new club shop will be open and whether FBT are fitting it out as per the design shown by Alex at one of the recent open meetings?[/quote]

Hi Board meeting tomorrow. Will have update Friday/ Sat

Rob[/quote]

I believe it will be completed in the near future but cannot give a timescale.

Rob Sant
rob.santwrus@aol.co.uk[/quote]

Disappointed, but perhaps to be expected, by this non answer from a Director. I wonder whether you would accept such an answer if it involved fitting out your carpet shop and affected income? I don’t think so either!

Let’s try another question. Are there problems with the WRU and therefore is the lack of timescale linked to any access issue? Yes or No will suffice, and thanks in anticipation.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:

Less dramatic then "we've been locked out of Rodney Parade" though , eh ? That's progress :roll:
Could you actually point out where I have written 'locked out'?

Or maybe just maybe you could stop being completely disingenuous?
I haven't said YOU have written that Stan . But the rumours are out there .
Not everything on this messageboard revolves around what YOU have said (a lot of which are valid points to be made btw)

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Below is an extract from a post by Rob Santwris where there is seemingly a commitment to provide us with an update on the WRU position following the Board meeting on Thursday 5th. Have I missed it?

Hi Rob,

Can you comment on when the new club shop will be open and whether FBT are fitting it out as per the design shown by Alex at one of the recent open meetings?

Rob[/quote]

Rob Sant

Disappointed, but perhaps to be expected, by this non answer from a Director. I wonder whether you would accept such an answer if it involved fitting out your carpet shop and affected income? I don’t think so either!

Let’s try another question. Are there problems with the WRU and therefore is the lack of timescale linked to any access issue? Yes or No will suffice, and thanks in anticipation.[/quote]

I don't know Gavin, Rob, Kevin or any of the directors for that matter, but the first we hear of any problems should come through an official statement from the board, not expect any directors to post it on here.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:

Hi Rob,

Can you comment on when the new club shop will be open and whether FBT are fitting it out as per the design shown by Alex at one of the recent open meetings?

Rob

Rob Sant

Let’s try another question. Are there problems with the WRU and therefore is the lack of timescale linked to any access issue? Yes or No will suffice, and thanks in anticipation.[/quote]

I don't know Gavin, Rob, Kevin or any of the directors for that matter, but the first we hear of any problems should come through an official statement from the board, not expect any directors to post it on here.[/quote]

EXACTLY !

Quite a few points to make with a few minor insults.

Firstly any contributor who thinks the club will make an official statement on here are deluded.

Rob has done a brilliant job since joining the board anybody on here knocking him is bang out of order.

2 + 2 make 4 and anybody with an average brain will see from that last statement from Rob that we have major-major problems

Sorry to see Corpa joining the ranks of AGB, Young Jimmy, Loyalfoot etc.
glad you are all happy and think we are ticking along fine.

Clearly we have no shop + no ticket office with no date surprise surprise.

Little revenue.

Sure we will kick off as planned but who knows how the season develops.

Forget the online ticketing maybe.

Its only 45 minutes to FGR but would he welcome us.

Stan, Owls, Exile and Bush have made spot on points over the last few days.

Perhaps the Ostrich thing is not sinking in maybe it should be changed to "in cuckoo land"

thanks again Rob for doing your best mate.

No idea what forum members expect you to say on an unofficial forum.t_

jollysuperstar wrote:Quite a few points to make with a few minor insults.

Firstly any contributor who thinks the club will make an official statement on here are deluded.

Rob has done a brilliant job since joining the board anybody on here knocking him is bang out of order.

2 + 2 make 4 and anybody with an average brain will see from that last statement from Rob that we have major-major problems

Little revenue.

Perhaps the Ostrich thing is not sinking in maybe it should be changed to "in cuckoo land"

Thanks for your input Harps.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:

Less dramatic then "we've been locked out of Rodney Parade" though , eh ? That's progress :roll:

try the serious question topic page 1

However back on topic. Sources inform me that we are indeed currently locked out of Rodney Parade. Now what should we do if the WRU doesn't budge?

Little revenue.

I ain't joined any "ranks" on here , mate !!!
I just see that as another little put down tbh , but hey ho ......

All I'm saying is these rumours are doing no good whatsoever , and let's wait and see what is agreed with WRU first shall we ??

xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:

try the serious question topic page 1

However back on topic. Sources inform me that we are indeed currently locked out of Rodney Parade. Now what should we do if the WRU doesn't budge?
Page one. Let me remind you what I said.

Some supporters believe we are being held to ransom over the use of Rodney Parade. That belief may or may not be true.

When they run out of arguments, they just tell lies.

Corpaboy wrote:

Little revenue.

I ain't joined any "ranks" on here , mate !!!
I just see that as another little put down tbh , but hey ho ......

All I'm saying is these rumours are doing no good whatsoever , and let's wait and see what is agreed with WRU first shall we ??

Sorry mate,

You call me toxic. You roll your eyes and only row back when challenged. I have no problem with that but please spare me the bollox that you take a neutral position.

Exile 1976 wrote:

I don't know Gavin, Rob, Kevin or any of the directors for that matter, but the first we hear of any problems should come through an official statement from the board, not expect any directors to post it on here.

Laughable this is - considering you, Bush and Einstein post the rumoured problems on here in the first place. You post supposition on here from 'mates', never substantiate it, then say the board should be making official statements before we hear of any problems from elsewhere !

whoareya wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Laughable this is - considering you, Bush and Einstein post the rumoured problems on here in the first place. You post supposition on here from 'mates', never substantiate it, then say the board should be making official statements before we hear of any problems from elsewhere !
The “no comment” statement from Rob Santwris to a straight forward yes or no question, is for me as close as we are likely to get to an official indication that there are problems with the WRU and our access to RP.
Hopefully any issues will be overcome, at the same time fingers crossed that the Club has a contingency should the WRU position not alter.

whoareya wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

I'm not a director and this is an unofficial message board where fans can discuss all things Newport County and others. Guess what? I'm a county fan and im discussing things to do with the club , not only that but things that could have a terrible impact on my club. However,
I don't expect directors to make official statements on here .
As a side note, when asked if we're in dispute with the WRU, one director stated 'no comment' & the other hasn't answered the question, make of that what you will, but you keep on laughing muc ...