Re: A Match for 8 World Cup Semi-Finalists

Blackandamber wrote:Whilst watching the World Cup semi-finals I counted 8 players who played for Tottenham against the County in the 4th round and replay of the cup 6 months ago.

It's amazing to think that we very nearly beat a team containing so many world cup semi-finalists. If only we had marked Harry Kane at that corner.
If we did we would have faced an away trip to rochdale? I preferred the trip to Wembley

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Whilst watching the World Cup semi-finals I counted 8 players who played for Tottenham against the County in the 4th round and replay of the cup 6 months ago.

It's amazing to think that we very nearly beat a team containing so many world cup semi-finalists. If only we had marked Harry Kane at that corner.
If we did we would have faced an away trip to rochdale? I preferred the trip to Wembley
I wasn't worried who we faced in the next round. Beating Spurs would probably have been the best win in our history.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Given the gap in standards between the top division and ours has widened so much over the years, I'd argue even drawing with Spurs was our best result ever.
I’d have to agree with that. The draw is the best and not just beacause of the result, but because of our play. Despite the gulf in class, we looked like the Premier League team and Spurs the League Two team.