Re: club shop

newgroundrodney wrote:So no club shop at our home ground at all, is that what they're saying? .....
I'm fairly relaxed about that. There's no natural footfall around RP on non-matchdays. Far better to be where people are, and to have a presence in the city centre. I assume that arrangements will be made to sell NCAFC merch in the ground on matchdays (maybe in the marquee?), so I welcome this.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:So no club shop at our home ground at all, is that what they're saying? .....
I'm fairly relaxed about that. There's no natural footfall around RP on non-matchdays. Far better to be where people are, and to have a presence in the city centre. I assume that arrangements will be made to sell NCAFC merch in the ground on matchdays (maybe in the marquee?), so I welcome this.
Yes! This! Exactly the point I made the other day - better footfall, more chance of getting a 'stray' supporter too!

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
If there are merchandise sales ANYWHERE at the ground on a matchday, that's a different matter entirely.....but if there's not, it's a nonsense.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
If there are merchandise sales ANYWHERE at the ground on a matchday, that's a different matter entirely.....but if there's not, it's a nonsense.
I'm sure there will be, even if it's a small tent with a 'click and collect' type of service where you purchase items before KO and pick them up after the game?

No mention of merchadise selling on match days at RP? Although looking at other retailers stocking the merchandise. MF and players to be present at shop prior to travelling to Hereford

I find this all deeply disturbing.
Firstly a great idea to have a shop pop up or permanent in Friars Walk/Kingsway.
Matchday arrives the walk in hundreds come to get a ticket.
Sorry mate take a walk to the Neon or back over the Usk bridge to purchase one!!

Can I buy a County Top no probs same again take a walk.

Selling kit from the marquee wont happen its not ours so if we cannot share the shop we wont be able to move on match day to the marquee or anywhere else in the ground.

You cannot give somebody a match day ticket without the necessary machinery to print the ticket.

Just over 2 weeks before we kick off and nothing from the board, appreciate things maybe delicate to put it mildly but contributors surmising it will all be okay are just not on the money.

Online ticketing!! whats happening there.

Rocky times ahead I see!!

You need to purchase tickets from the ground on matchday likewise purchase goods.
when the board inform us that will be the case problem solved if they cannot a nightmare scenario looms.

jollysuperstar wrote:I find this all deeply disturbing.
Firstly a great idea to have a shop pop up or permanent in Friars Walk/Kingsway.
Matchday arrives the walk in hundreds come to get a ticket.
Sorry mate take a walk to the Neon or back over the Usk bridge to purchase one!!

Can I buy a County Top no probs same again take a walk.

Selling kit from the marquee wont happen its not ours so if we cannot share the shop we wont be able to move on match day to the marquee or anywhere else in the ground.

You cannot give somebody a match day ticket without the necessary machinery to print the ticket.

Just over 2 weeks before we kick off and nothing from the board, appreciate things maybe delicate to put it mildly but contributors surmising it will all be okay are just not on the money.

Online ticketing!! whats happening there.

Rocky times ahead I see!!

You need to purchase tickets from the ground on matchday likewise purchase goods.
when the board inform us that will be the case problem solved if they cannot a nightmare scenario looms.

You worry too much, we're just trend setters. One day ALL football clubs will be run this way, with kit launches in town with no kit to buy, a club shop in one part of town, club office in another, ticket office in another. Infrastructure scattered all over the place. At this rate we'll be lucky if the players are allowed a shower after the game!