Re: New Captain

On paper I would still would have made Mickey D captain and then offered him a long term contract. I’m still not convinced crofts plays anywhere near every game this season where as Mickey D will be first name on the team sheet. But as I always say about the captaincy we are not in the dressing room so we don’t actually know who is the best leader.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:A tweet from Forresters Twitter says that Flynny has confirmed Crofts as Captain.

Is that the same Forrester that used to post on here and was a New Mills fan
The restaurant Jim, all players and staff/sponsors were there last night.

Bush wrote:On paper I would still would have made Mickey D captain and then offered him a long term contract. I’m still not convinced crofts plays anywhere near every game this season where as Mickey D will be first name on the team sheet. But as I always say about the captaincy we are not in the dressing room so we don’t actually know who is the best leader.
Agree with you there Bush.

There's a BBC Sport story on Crofts getting the armband. Mentions the following on Labadie:

"Crofts takes over from midfielder Joss Labadie, who is out of contract but continuing his rehabilitation at Newport following ACL surgery"

Anyone know if this is true? Did see a video of Labadie on social media training in the gym in Spytty.

Doyle Lonnegan wrote:There's a BBC Sport story on Crofts getting the armband. Mentions the following on Labadie:

"Crofts takes over from midfielder Joss Labadie, who is out of contract but continuing his rehabilitation at Newport following ACL surgery"

Anyone know if this is true? Did see a video of Labadie on social media training in the gym in Spytty.
Yes he is continuing to train with us.