Re: The Silence of the Sheepshaggers

jollysuperstar wrote:Harps and Stan got banned for nothing
Seriously have asked questions and nobody knows who this Jackorious is.
Doubt if he is even a County fan but just an IT chap who enjoys setting up a forum
Have you ever heard him actually make a comment about our beloved team
You can call another contributor anything and that's acceptable
Rant over
I was once introduced to Jackorious. So he definitely exists :) and at least once (because I saw him there) he has rocked up to Rodney Parade on a match day.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Doubt if he is even a County fan but just an IT chap who enjoys setting up a forum
Rant over

Try thinking before you rant.

Stan and Harps were banned for breaking the rules Maybe you disagree with the rules - tough.

Also without the likes of Jackanorios, there would be no Message Board.
How sad you are
Spin a coin between you and AJB
Stan told a contributor he really did have a brother and got a months ban
Harps 62 had 2 usernames to try and avoid abuse and got banned for life
If it was me I would of put them up against a wall
It's a forum for goodness sake
We are not in North Korea
They broke the rules you really do make me laugh Cornish
Get a life

Cornish Exile wrote:
Rant over

Stan and Harps were banned for breaking the rules Maybe you disagree with the rules - tough.

Two County message boards existed a few years ago and this one survived. However if this board ceased to exist another one would pop up in it's place for sure..

I've kinda wondered about Jackorious myself TBH. Just saying (if that's OK) :lol:

rgds Dave

Good Evening!

Jolly... perhaps you could clear up something for me?
It seems common knowledge that you and Harps are/were the same person, correct me if that is not the case.
If it is so, then a “life ban” is not really the case is it?
You just changed the user name, no great hardship.
Without some rules this place would be very chaotic and I for one would not like to give up the time and effort to keep the marauding masses under control.

Phil in Npton

Jackorias is , I believe the owner of this board, although in a similar sense to being a fan owned club, this board may be described as "user owned".....
Some relatively short time ago this board faced closure due to lack of funds to maintain its upkeep and was expected to close down quickly.
In true County style, a group of users contributed various amounts, sufficient to secure the board's existence til IIRC, 2022 at least.
Like the club itself, users felt that the boards existence was worth preserving.

newgroundrodney wrote:Jackorias is , I believe the owner of this board, although in a similar sense to being a fan owned club, this board may be described as "user owned".....
Some relatively short time ago this board faced closure due to lack of funds to maintain its upkeep and was expected to close down quickly.
In true County style, a group of users contributed various amounts, sufficient to secure the board's existence til IIRC, 2022 at least.
Like the club itself, users felt that the boards existence was worth preserving.
You are quite right NGR. I contributed (along with many others) and that is one of the reasons why I feel I have the right to complain about the nonsensical decision to ban people off this board for silly reasons.

I have emailed Jackorias about this many times (he does exist) and one of his responses have been put on the messageboard. I also agree that he does a great job administering this board under normal circumstances (apart from the banning orders). He has rules to administer, but I just feel that some of the rules are absurd.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Without Stan, it’s very quiet on here, barely a dozen posts since last night. Is it anticipation of the trip to Hereford that’s hypnotising everybody or the anticipation of news?

Yes , that just proves that most intelligent supporters recognise the challenges the club currently face and do not feel the need to regurgitate the same issue.
I think the site is much more cordial without him and long may it continue.
Oh, I see. This messageboard should be a cordial greeting place where we can all cheer the County and bury our heads at reality. What an absurd suggestion.

Most intelligent supporters recognise the challenges the club currently face and wish to discuss them and find solutions so that they don't happen again.

Any news yet on who the hysterical minority are?

jollysuperstar wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Rant over

How sad you are
Spin a coin between you and AJB
Stan told a contributor he really did have a brother and got a months ban
Harps 62 had 2 usernames to try and avoid abuse and got banned for life
If it was me I would of put them up against a wall
It's a forum for goodness sake
We are not in North Korea
They broke the rules you really do make me laugh Cornish
Get a life
Calm down Jolly and try to live up to your user name.