Re: Kingsway Shop

jollysuperstar wrote:Few points from last night
Glad Low and Hard had the same shopping experience
In virtual darkness and door closed
No sign on door
I had to peer through the window and tried it
It was open with the regular shop volunteer sat at the back
Before we tried the door my wife had to peer in and noticed some grey tops st the back
Anybody passing by wouldn't even give it a glance
On a different fact
Stan got banned for telling a contributor he had a brother
AGB clearly outed Low and Hard last night
All you need to do is put 2 and 2 together
It's all silly but one rule for one etc etc

It was low and hard that kindly posted that his son was willing to speak to the supporters. My view is that it is the WRU that should address us, not a fellow tenant.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Few points from last night
Glad Low and Hard had the same shopping experience
In virtual darkness and door closed
No sign on door
I had to peer through the window and tried it
It was open with the regular shop volunteer sat at the back
Before we tried the door my wife had to peer in and noticed some grey tops st the back
Anybody passing by wouldn't even give it a glance
On a different fact
Stan got banned for telling a contributor he had a brother
AGB clearly outed Low and Hard last night
All you need to do is put 2 and 2 together
It's all silly but one rule for one etc etc

It was low and hard that kindly posted that his son was willing to speak to the supporters. My view is that it is the WRU that should address us, not a fellow tenant.
I’m not really that bothered either way. I would say in the flesh exactly the same as I post on here and I don’t mean to offend, I just air my views like everybody else. As those who know me would attest, I like a few expletives scattered around to spice what I say but mean none harm. I am passionate about my football club, that’s all.
As regards my son, let me make it clear that the views on here are mine and not his and I never would compromise him by pushing him for details of his business dealings. We, like everyone else , hold certain opinions that sometimes are similar and sometimes not but one thing I know about his views is that he wants to promote professional sport in this area and wants to see both the rugby and football teams make progress. That’s why not working together with the Dragons , WRU or whoever at RP would be a missed opportunity and I don’t understand those who were scared to have him speak to our fans. That insults the fans intelligence and his motives. So when I’m next called to task on here for not “ toeing the party line “ or criticising the way the club is handling something, its my view and not his.

Guys i will never knock our hard bloody working volunteers and staff who work in the shop and ticker office they are told what do by the people who are running our club on our behalf. But i find it very hard to except that being a so called fan own club the lack of respect our board are treating us , all it needs is a simple statement ie about RP / WRU /Shop/TICKET OFFICE/ CONSULTATION. dont want blue prints/ details i get things are delicate but this silence is disrespecting to us fans imo , certian directors have posted on here reporting back on certain things which is great and being transparent which we were promised from day one , i remember 1989 and what is happening now with the fans being kept in the dark is how it started then nx thing we knew club gone .so just a simple statement plz will stop me and many others worrying

owlsabout wrote:Guys i will never knock our hard bloody working volunteers and staff who work in the shop and ticker office they are told what do by the people who are running our club on our behalf. But i find it very hard to except that being a so called fan own club the lack of respect our board are treating us , all it needs is a simple statement ie about RP / WRU /Shop/TICKET OFFICE/ CONSULTATION. dont want blue prints/ details i get things are delicate but this silence is disrespecting to us fans imo , certian directors have posted on here reporting back on certain things which is great and being transparent which we were promised from day one , i remember 1989 and what is happening now with the fans being kept in the dark is how it started then nx thing we knew club gone .so just a simple statement plz will stop me and many others worrying
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Going to add my two penn’orth, having just been. Bit of a shambles really. Amateur stuff, especially when you compare to all the other shops in that arcade that are actually set up to make money and give customers a good experience.

Long queues, not because it was especially busy, but just because the wifi doesn’t work so problems with card payment (no-one thought to offer an express lane for cash payments whilst they resolved it). Half the stock not out (I’d have bought a pair of white Third Kit shorts if I’d seen them). Shop dressing looked more like a branch of Oxfam on a bad day than a professional organisation.

Oh, and I understand that the doors are kept shut because of the air con - but, again, every other shop in the arcade seems to have overcome that problem.

I actually back the principle of having a shop in the city centre and using it to engage the people of Newport with their local team, but dear god we’re making a right horlicks of it.

I actually back the principle of having a shop in the city centre and using it to engage the people of Newport with their local team, but dear god we’re making a right horlicks of it.

If you can do any better get yourself in there and stop complaining!!!

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Going to add my two penn’orth, having just been. Bit of a shambles really. Amateur stuff, especially when you compare to all the other shops in that arcade that are actually set up to make money and give customers a good experience.

Long queues, not because it was especially busy, but just because the wifi doesn’t work so problems with card payment (no-one thought to offer an express lane for cash payments whilst they resolved it). Half the stock not out (I’d have bought a pair of white Third Kit shorts if I’d seen them). Shop dressing looked more like a branch of Oxfam on a bad day than a professional organisation.

Oh, and I understand that the doors are kept shut because of the air con - but, again, every other shop in the arcade seems to have overcome that problem.

I can only repeat that it was all good when I went in the other day. Other shops may have their doors open - I don't know how many of them you went into but I shop in the centre regularly and the shops I go in are boiling and very uninviting - if they have air con, they've negated it by opening doors and taking on the heat of the arcade outside. The County shop was a haven in comparison. It didn't look shut and the stock looked well laid out - the shop was clean, airy and tidy. Surely it's a lot to ask volunteers to have cash only lane as well as a card lane. Be realistic about what a limited number of people can do and try some positivity - it was most certainly NOT a shambles.

jollysuperstar wrote:Just open the doors and put the lights on like every other shop in the precinct
It's not rocket science
The lights were on - it did not look shut (and my eyesight isn't great). The shop was cool - much more pleasant that others in the precinct. FFS if you're remotely interested in going in you'll try the door, not hang around outside wondering.

westsider wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Just open the doors and put the lights on like every other shop in the precinct
It's not rocket science
The lights were on - it did not look shut (and my eyesight isn't great). The shop was cool - much more pleasant that others in the precinct. FFS if you're remotely interested in going in you'll try the door, not hang around outside wondering.
This is utter nonsense. We were told the reason we were moving was because there is a larger footfall in the city centre therefore we would attract people who might not know the shop was there and people who wouldn't necessarily ever go over to Rodney Parade. Now you are saying if you want to go in you will check the door. what about those that haven't gone to town to go to the county shop but are walking past? the Shop looks shut. those people wont go in. I walked past with a friend not a county fan and he said the shop isn't open. we went in the post office then walked past again and only realised it was open when jeff challingsworth was opening the door.