Re: Kingsway Shop

Alan G Bryant wrote:Today I went to Subway on my lunch break. To purchase my meal I had to physically open the door myself, it really is not acceptable, in fact, everyone in the queue was complaining about it. I think Subway could be in big trouble over this.
Well I hope you got stuck in and helped butter some baguettes behind the counter rather than just moaning about it... :lol:

Bush has already hit the nail on the head. If we want to use the space in the city centre to engage with fans beyond the “die hards”, we’ve got to mean it. Look open for business, have the place set up so it’s inviting and makes people want to spend money. Don’t have crap technology that means card payments only work intermittently. Don’t allow queues to build up. Don’t have half the stock in boxes out the back when you’ve got room in the shop to showcase it.

But most of all (and this is intended for the fans as much as the guys in the shop): don’t look down your nose at everyone who isn’t a die-hard NCAFC fan by suggesting they are at fault for not trying harder, not volunteering, not doing as much as you do etc etc. If you want a sustainable professional club, look professional, and respect the fact that most of our fanbase don’t love the club as much as the die-hards do but will still spend a few hundred quid over the course of the season on a shirt, a few match tickets and other bits and bobs if they’re given the incentive to do so.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on July 27th, 2018, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Today I went to Subway on my lunch break. To purchase my meal I had to physically open the door myself, it really is not acceptable, in fact, everyone in the queue was complaining about it. I think Subway could be in big trouble over this.
Pathetic
Guess what I bet it was all lit up though
Sorry having trouble seeing you today
Too many clouds up there
Dream on AGB
Give my regards to those on the board who actually talk sense

Bush and Kairdiff
It's like banging your head on a brick wall lads
Just to repeat I was standing outside it and never even realised it was there till my wife pointed at it
Had no reason to go in and as it looked shut was surprised when a young lad opened the door into the gloom
Anybody not die hard would walk past without a second glance
Sorry but like most things at our club it's just Mickey Mouse
Please somebody win a hundred million on the lottery and put us out of our misery.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Paddys Bar wrote:Here’s a link to the club shop hours and news of a trial run this Sunday
https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... op-update/
Noticeable that no indication of it being a temporary shop?
Paragraph 5
The Newport County AFC Kingsway Club Shop will close at 2pm on Saturday and, unfortunately, merchandise will not be available at the ground for this match. This is a temporary situation and one we are working hard to rectify ahead of the upcoming season. We would ask for your patience whilst we find a solution.

Hopefully a solution is found

guest101 wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Paddys Bar wrote:Here’s a link to the club shop hours and news of a trial run this Sunday
So is that the statement that Mr Santwris referred to earlier today???

another gutless dig happy to meet up face to face tomorrow or give us a ring ?

Rob 07989448692
Rob
Your openness is be appauled but in your position as a director which I welcome, I do think the first three words of your post are unnecessary - people will air their frustration here, deal with and defuse it as one rather than fuel the fire.

guest101 wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
So is that the statement that Mr Santwris referred to earlier today???

another gutless dig happy to meet up face to face tomorrow or give us a ring ?

Rob 07989448692
It is not gutless you are the one to say unsolicited, that there would be a statement, apologies for having the temerity to ask if that was it! This aggression when asked civil questions is sympamatic of all that is wrong with the Club. All this at a time when it can only be assumed that the substance to all the RP rumours is correct, particularly given the lack of any attempt to quell these stories.

I remind you that your last statement when asked an equally civil question as a supporter representative about the current situation with the WRU was,“ no comment”. Of course there is no need to also remind you that when you stood for election, I recall it was on the ticket of transparency and improved communications.
I may be alone in saying this, but I for one am absolutely fed up by being seemingly treated with utter contempt by the Board. I have PM’d you my number for you to call if you wish, but I would much rather the supporters as a whole are informed as to what the hell is going on.

FWIW not only did it look open when I was there on Saturday, there was a queue out of the door and all the card machines worked the whole time. Plus half of the team turned up.

Not sure what the guy was looking at when he said it has the "same stock" as the old shop, 90% of the products weren't even available until last week. It's mostly home and away kit and the new grey training stuff is all along the wall at the back, near the stuff that actually is old stock, the accessories and gifts and scarves.

The white third kit isn't on sale yet, and it was announced a while back that it wouldn't be on sale yet, so also unlikely there would be any stock out to buy, because it's not on sale yet. I think mentioning it three times in a sentence might help people realise that.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that having gone to Russia I'm a tad skint this month, and I wanted the home shirt to wear to Hereford, but it was clear there were far fewer of the away kit and it was probably going to sell out. So, made my decision, bought the home kit, and the away kit has now sold out in my size. :roll: