Re: Kingsway Shop

Amberexile wrote:I do wonder whether this is a lack of organisation or smart planning?
Some clubs now stagger the availability of their kit releasing, for example, the away kit first. Fans who are gagging for this season's kit rush out and buy the first one available, then when a while later the home kit is released not wanting to miss out buy that as well when if both had been released together they would have only purchased one.
Sadly I think it's lack of organisation. I want the white shirt too but if it's released too late I won't bother.

halfmoon wrote:I really can’t see them getting much passing trade in that location. If this is instead of having a presence at Rodney parade I worry it’s a backwards step. Hopefully they can move to a better town centre location eventually
Apparently the lady in the shop said that they are there for about 7 weeks and we should be able to pick up our pre order from there. I hope it's not longer than that.......otherwise my daughter will need the bigger size :)

Just been in the shop , the amber shirts and black shirts are on sale £42 each, 10% discount for season ticket holders, they are taking a deposit for the white shirt available later in season.
The sizes run true, same as last season.
There is a big queue out onto the walkway.
Chris

George Street-Bridge wrote:Both locations by all means if it makes commercial sense, but I honestly can't see how a shop anywhere in town could ever replace a permanent one at the ground.
Quite agree. As an exile I quite often come to Newpôrt and go straight to the shop at RP. (This really annoys Mrs P). I know where it is and can park easily. If the shop is in town, I probably wouldn't know how to get there quickly and know where to park etc. Much, much more convenient for me at RP.

Absolutely no criticism of the volunteers, and I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes which we are not privy to, but everything about the club at present says pure amateurism.
Keeping hoping and thinking that things will improve but sadly they never do.
Makes me wonder how long a professional League 2 club can continue like this.

allontheamber wrote:Absolutely no criticism of the volunteers, and I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes which we are not privy to, but everything about the club at present says pure amateurism.
They could improve behind the scenes if they put the finances into it, however that would detract from the playing budget and would probably accelerate our return to the conference. Still, at least we would have our season tickets in July.

If there is no mechandise outlet at Rodney Parade on a matchday, even if it's only a fold-up table in the corner of the Marquee, we'll look a complete shambles.
With 3500 potential customers we need sales AT the ground in some form.
If we're not allowed to do so because of any restrictions placed upon us by the landlords, then the Club need to inform us clearly that that's the situation.
If it's a commercial decision to do so, then we have to question how we're being run..... in both cases, IF that's the case, and I stress IF, then our matchday will take a downturn.

On a matchday, how many people even pass that way on their way to games? People wanting to buy on matchday will need to allow half an hour at least, to get to the shop and back to RP.
It could be a masterstroke on the part of the club, but I doubt it. In fact, I'm not going to buy any more merchandise until it can be bought AT THE GROUND on a matchday.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
allontheamber wrote:Absolutely no criticism of the volunteers, and I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes which we are not privy to, but everything about the club at present says pure amateurism.
They could improve behind the scenes if they put the finances into it, however that would detract from the playing budget and would probably accelerate our return to the conference. Still, at least we would have our season tickets in July.
I'd have thought many fans have the expectation that basic infrastructure is in place at the home ground. Club Shop, Ticket Office, Bar, Food Outlets.
The sooner everything is back in house the better. If it's never going to be, then we need to be TOLD, without any spin or bollox, or pretty commercial statements. If we're not welcome, if we're out on our arse, just tell us. At the moment, we're little more than a football club on paper. It's a joke!

Amberexile wrote:We have the right contractually to sell our merchandise in the club shop at RP.
Perhaps our agreement to not do so either temporarily or permanently is part of wider commercial discussions?
So why not just TELL us that?.... no details of the planned outcome required, but just tell us that's the situation?
Like I said, I'll wait for my merchandise now til I can buy it at the ground.....and no food or beer bought by me til it's back in house.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Amberexile wrote:We have the right contractually to sell our merchandise in the club shop at RP.
Perhaps our agreement to not do so either temporarily or permanently is part of wider commercial discussions?
What club shop at RP ? I DIDN'T THINK ONE EXISTED?
There's one under the Bisley hospitality area

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
What club shop at RP ? I DIDN'T THINK ONE EXISTED?
There's one under the Bisley hospitality area