Re: How many matches will you attend?

excessbee wrote:I'm considering Tranmere away as a stay away weekend. It's a ground I've never been to and people tell me Liverpool is worth a visit. In all my years I've never been there, other than watching Everton once in my student days.
I was hoping for a County and Saints weekender but sods law Saints' match at Anfield isn't being televised. Having seen the hotel prices since the day the Prem fixtures came out, I'm now not going to either match.

Re: How many matches will you attend?

SJG99 wrote:
excessbee wrote:I'm considering Tranmere away as a stay away weekend. It's a ground I've never been to and people tell me Liverpool is worth a visit. In all my years I've never been there, other than watching Everton once in my student days.
I was hoping for a County and Saints weekender but sods law Saints' match at Anfield isn't being televised. Having seen the hotel prices since the day the Prem fixtures came out, I'm now not going to either match.
The weekend also clashes with the Labour Party Conference in Liverpool. But there's a great B&B bang opposite Tranmere Rovers' ground where I stayed 3 years ago: Villa Venezia with a popular Italian restaurant downstairs as part of the establishment. Pub on the corner too. Nearest station is Rock Ferry, a genuinely traditional working class enclave. Plenty to see on The Wirral too, including Port Sunlight just down the line. Hope that helps.