Re: EDGAR STREET - potential home ground?....

newgroundrodney wrote:
Dos wrote:Buy parks pitch somewhere in Newport. Make sure it got a club house. And drop to the bottom of the pyramid. And build from there. Us owning our own ground should of been talked about 20+ years ago.
We have to start somewhere.
Wasn't that the thought Stan had some years ago, or something very similar?.....
Quite possibly. It’s the only way we are going to be able to do it.
If we did this 20 years ago, who knows where we would be now when it comes to owning a ground .

Rodney Parade is a ticking time bomb. I don’t believe the board have a back up plan.

So if the option was ground sharing to maintain football league status.
Or dropping to southern league division 3 and having our pitch, a bar and a stand that holds 20 people. I know which one i would chose.

whoareya wrote:The Met Office Extreme Weather warning has come too late for you lot.

YOU'VE ALL GOT DELIRIOUS SUN STROKE.
What pray is “ delirious sun stroke “ - it sounds fun! I do agree with you to the extent that a groundshare in Herefordshire is extremely fanciful and hopefully possibly only in our worst nightmares to accompany the ones I have of a running battle through the cattle market back in the day.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Countymax wrote:Never ever ever ever ever ever ever going to happen. May aswell speculate about anything.
....why do you say never?
Sorry, I'm just in denial about the situation. I think the WRU will let us renegotiate our deal as we make them money and we won't have to go on the road again.

Moving out of the city, even to Spytty would mean we exit the Football League in my opinion.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Dos wrote:Buy parks pitch somewhere in Newport. Make sure it got a club house. And drop to the bottom of the pyramid. And build from there. Us owning our own ground should of been talked about 20+ years ago.
We have to start somewhere.
"Somewhere" would have to be in the Welsh pyramid. Great idea.
What, like Merthyr had to when they went bust 3 or 4 years ago you mean?