Re: Groundshare - A real one

SULLY34 wrote:Growing up in Cornwall, Truro was our derby game. A lot of season tickets have been sold under the impression that they weren't moving until later in the season. A long way to travel for a home fixture, especially using the roads in Devon and Cornwall %(
Peter Masters, Truro's owner also owns a coach and taxi business. Maybe he could offer subsidised transport.

Cornish Exile wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Growing up in Cornwall, Truro was our derby game. A lot of season tickets have been sold under the impression that they weren't moving until later in the season. A long way to travel for a home fixture, especially using the roads in Devon and Cornwall %(
Peter Masters, Truro's owner also owns a coach and taxi business. Maybe he could offer subsidised transport.
He is apparently but a 200 mile round trip on a Saturday on Cornish roads isn't appealing.

The main road through Cornwall (A30) has been upgraded over the years and apart from about 5 miles, is dual carriageway.Pretty busy during the summer, but not a problem for the bulk of the football season.

Cornish Exile wrote:
The main road through Cornwall (A30) has been upgraded over the years and apart from about 5 miles, is dual carriageway.Pretty busy during the summer, but not a problem for the bulk of the football season.
Compare to Welsh roads Exile it's a nightmare, does my head in every time we visit home.......plus the price of a pasty is extortionate now :(

SULLY34 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Compare to Welsh roads Exile it's a nightmare, does my head in every time we visit home.......plus the price of a pasty is extortionate now :(

I prefer my pasties home made.

SULLY34 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
You have obviously never driven in Pembrokeshire at the height of the summer season. :cry:

Percy plunkett wrote:Could they have groundshared with the Pirates?
A new stadium is planned to be shared between The Pirates, Truro City and Cornwall College. Funding is in place except for the pre-election promise by David Cameron for Government funds to cover the £3 million shortfall.
Hopefully, work will commence in October.

It had been agreed that Truro City could remain at Treyew Road for the coming season and ground-share for the first few months of 2019/20, whilst the work on the new stadium is completed.

It looks as though the developers have gone back on their previous agreement.

SULLY34 wrote:Pembs Cornwall is exactly like Pembrokeshire....I try and stay away from both ;).
The lands of the £5 to £10 pasties eh? I was in St David’s recently, the oggis were extortionate and you couldn’t buy a bottle of wine under £12 from any shop. Needs a decent Greggs and a Lidl’s :grin: