Re: Groundshare - A real one

lowandhard wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Pembs Cornwall is exactly like Pembrokeshire....I try and stay away from both ;).
The lands of the £5 to £10 pasties eh? I was in St David’s recently, the oggis were extortionate and you couldn’t buy a bottle of wine under £12 from any shop. Needs a decent Greggs and a Lidl’s :grin:
Best steak pasties in Cornwall at Portreath Bakery at around £3.50. Not bad for a main course.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Could they have groundshared with the Pirates?
A new stadium is planned to be shared between The Pirates, Truro City and Cornwall College. Funding is in place except for the pre-election promise by David Cameron for Government funds to cover the £3 million shortfall.
Hopefully, work will commence in October.

It had been agreed that Truro City could remain at Treyew Road for the coming season and ground-share for the first few months of 2019/20, whilst the work on the new stadium is completed.

It looks as though the developers have gone back on their previous agreement.
You're nearer to the action than me. I was under the impression that the supermarket development had already been postponed and now they've decided it must start. Truro City were talking about a move to Torquay about eighteen months ago. I assumed that they delayed that move because they were given an extention to stay in their current ground, and that has now, rather suddenly, been called in.

Cornish Exile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Pembs Cornwall is exactly like Pembrokeshire....I try and stay away from both ;).
The lands of the £5 to £10 pasties eh? I was in St David’s recently, the oggis were extortionate and you couldn’t buy a bottle of wine under £12 from any shop. Needs a decent Greggs and a Lidl’s :grin:
Best steak pasties in Cornwall at Portreath Bakery at around £3.50. Not bad for a main course.
In Falmouth where I'm from a pasty is on average £4.50 !!!!

excessbee wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Could they have groundshared with the Pirates?
A new stadium is planned to be shared between The Pirates, Truro City and Cornwall College. Funding is in place except for the pre-election promise by David Cameron for Government funds to cover the £3 million shortfall.
Hopefully, work will commence in October.

It had been agreed that Truro City could remain at Treyew Road for the coming season and ground-share for the first few months of 2019/20, whilst the work on the new stadium is completed.

It looks as though the developers have gone back on their previous agreement.
You're nearer to the action than me. I was under the impression that the supermarket development had already been postponed and now they've decided it must start. Truro City were talking about a move to Torquay about eighteen months ago. I assumed that they delayed that move because they were given an extention to stay in their current ground, and that has now, rather suddenly, been called in.
Apparently, they will receive £2 million on vacating the ground. This will be their contribution towards the proposed Stadium for Cornwall.

lowandhard wrote:
You should have gone to Londis (CK's) there, OK for cheap plonk, (not far from the Rugby club). :cheers: If you want Lidl or Greggs you should have called in to Haverfordwest on your way. Both shops there.

Hope you had a stop in Solva on the way. Very picturesque.

Cornish Exile wrote:[

In Falmouth where I'm from a pasty is on average £4.50 !!!![/quote]

Oh for the days when you could buy a "seconds" pasty from the ovenfresh factory for 12p. Portreath bakery standard steak £3.20, large steak £4.20, slightly more from Thier first and only in the world pasty drive through.