Re: Fans' consultation result?....any news?

The concern over where our matches might be played, and whether we'd start the season at RP was brought about by someone seemingly scaremongering to that effect. I believe that concern has now been confirmed as nothing more than that.
The post I started about Edgar Street was simply my interest in any thoughts about the place, in light of the fact we'd just played a game there. Not knicker-wetting, just asking questions.
The concern about the kit launch was whether we were ALLOWED to use RP if we'd wanted to.
The concern about the volunteers' meeting was whether we'd be ALLOWED to use RP if we'd wanted to.
The concern about the Kingsway shop, is that someone who has apparently seen the lease has said we're contractually allowed to sell mechandise from an outlet at the ground. I believe the pop-up shop is for 7 wks only if that info is correct.

It strikes me there are two groups of fans again: (1) those who would like to know as much as is allowed to be told (2) those who are in the know, who snigger behind their hands at those in group 1.... all mates together again, which is something they said would end when we acquired the club.
Let me make my personal position clear: I will not spend another penny piece at RP until all the normal trappings of a football club on a matchday are available in house AT THE STADIUM , on the day. Even if it's only sold from cardboard boxes on a fold-up table.
I understand there are delicate situations, but I'm sure there is SOME info that could be given out. In the absence of 'in the know' info, people can only go by what they see. As info becomes available, opinions change. Only an idiot would keep the same opinion in the light of new info, trouble is, we're not GETTING that new info.

newgroundrodney wrote:The concern over where our matches might be played, and whether we'd start the season at RP was brought about by someone seemingly scaremongering to that effect. I believe that concern has now been confirmed as nothing more than that.
The post I started about Edgar Street was simply my interest in any thoughts about the place, in light of the fact we'd just played a game there. Not knicker-wetting, just asking questions.
The concern about the kit launch was whether we were ALLOWED to use RP if we'd wanted to.
The concern about the volunteers' meeting was whether we'd be ALLOWED to use RP if we'd wanted to.
The concern about the Kingsway shop, is that someone who has apparently seen the lease has said we're contractually allowed to sell mechandise from an outlet at the ground. I believe the pop-up shop is for 7 wks only if that info is correct.

It strikes me there are two groups of fans again: (1) those who would like to know as much as is allowed to be told (2) those who are in the know, who snigger behind their hands at those in group 1.... all mates together again, which is something they said would end when we acquired the club.
Let me make my personal position clear: I will not spend another penny piece at RP until all the normal trappings of a football club on a matchday are available in house AT THE STADIUM , on the day. Even if it's only sold from cardboard boxes on a fold-up table.
I understand there are delicate situations, but I'm sure there is SOME info that could be given out. In the absence of 'in the know' info, people can only go by what they see. As info becomes available, opinions change. Only an idiot would keep the same opinion in the light of new info, trouble is, we're not GETTING that new info.
I agree with almost all of that, the club is still not disseminating information in a timely and sensible manner, hence the speculation. The local rag meanwhile is failing in its duty to inform. Shame on both of them.

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
I reckon a series of small holding statements on the part of the Club would dispel lots of rumour & worry on a range of issues.
Whatever the club say, new rumours will begin again almost immediately. If communicating resulted in some respite from the nonsense, maybe we would hear more?

While I'm grateful to them for doing so, sometimes I wonder why anybody bothers to stand for election to our board. I wouldn't be surprised if at least a couple of the newly elected members aren't already wondering why they bothered.
Totally disagree with that
Paragraph 1 imo is nonsense
Last sentence likewise is rubbish
I would be very surprised if Ryan Rob Kevin etc are thinking that