Re: James Bittner

SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:As I understand it, Bittner isn't going FROM Newport to Reading, he had already LEFT Newport some weeks ago. He's not been present on my squad list for quite some time.....months I would guess.

EDIT: on the "Squad so far" thread, my post on May 9th, lists Bittner as "released"..... so been gone a while in reality
He was released but as is usually the case, the club will have made players they want to keep an offer. The nearer to the start of the season and less likely other opportunities are, the more likely players are to take a concrete offer.
Not sure what you are getting at.

He was definitely released as a player and Flynn was quoted at the time and again since that even though he would not be retained as a player next season that he wanted to keep him on the Coaching staff.

Re: James Bittner

wattsville_boy wrote:My only concern is that we've now lost our two goalkeeping coaches to other Academies - Bittner to Reading U23's and Mykee Jenkins (the Academy GK coach) to Swansea. Both have yet, to my knowledge, to be replaced.

So who is currently coaching the keepers?
presumably nobody. Do we need more than one coach to cover the academy and first team.? What's the norm for League 2?