Re: county to win league 2 we got the team to do it

allontheamber wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Skate Exile wrote:We need to replace labs. I have watched the Chippenham and Hereford games and in both it was clear that we won’t be physical enough in the centre of the park in league two.
Whilst winning the league wouldn't be the biggest shock in Football , the question i ask myself is are we ready for promotion yet?
As a team we might, but realistically I will settle for 10th to 14th.
As a club/business we are a million miles away. Don't pretend to know how we do it with our finances but at some point to progress we have to move away from our present set up to a professionally run organisation. No disrespect to our volunteers who do a great job but administratively we are at best still Connie south standard.
I agree with that but in the unlikely event we have a promotion chance then we must of course grasp it with both hands and try to catch up on the administrative front as we go. Like you I think we operate like a Connie South outfit off the pitch. It was sobering to see Hereford’s set up last week. I don’t knock those who volunteer and they are great to pick up the slack of course but sometimes like with some of the comments about the shop recently , a more professional attitude is necessary.
To me , on the playing front, I’m still concerned about the midfield and where the goals are coming from. Unless a few loan signings we are still to make are impressive ones, just avoiding the drop in 20th place for me. I can’t see this squad setting the division alight. Be delighted to be wrong of course.