Re: The Annual Where will we finish poll

Not having seen the new players yet, I haven't made my mind up as to whether we are stronger or weaker than last year. I have only read the comments about the new players on here. The good point is, as someone mentioned the other day, MF has one more years experience. Sad to say, at the moment I think I would just settle for survival. Guessing anywhere between 11th and 19th.

There are a few unknowns about the squad. I find it strange that MF is willing to gamble on bringing in youngsters from other clubs but not give our own youngsters a decent chance.

Not sure we are any stronger in any department than we were last season and the striking options are a real concern to me. Suspect we'll concede roughly the same as last season and create and score less, which means instead of looking at play-offs we'll be looking at teams around us and hoping a few others will prove worse than us. Somewhere around 20th with no last day worries but more than a few "squeaky bum" days...

Tbh I haven't seen a single friendly in the flesh but for me, White apart, we have a better side than last season.
Crofts too good for League two, a winner, can control midfield, and can pass.
Keanu MB, first genuine winger who tries to get past people and cross we've had for a while.
I like the two young strikers, again, seem like they can play a lot more than frank nouble ever could.
we have the target man up front as noubles replacement.
we will have sheehan playing from the start of season.
So I am going for a 7th place into the play offs finish.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:Tbh I haven't seen a single friendly in the flesh but for me, White apart, we have a better side than last season.
Crofts too good for League two, a winner, can control midfield, and can pass.
Keanu MB, first genuine winger who tries to get past people and cross we've had for a while.
I like the two young strikers, again, seem like they can play a lot more than frank nouble ever could.
we have the target man up front as noubles replacement.
we will have sheehan playing from the start of season.
So I am going for a 7th place into the play offs finish.
You wouldn't be saying that if you'd seen Crofts or Marsh-Brown at Hereford. But let's hope you're closer than I am.

SJG99 wrote:Going for 10th, even with the Mansfield opener behind us and a starting league position of 23rd(ish, arguably joint 22nd, and yikes, isn't that a big difference?). I think Mansfield will finish in the top 5, and their particular style has been a problem for us for a while.
I was right... until the 87th minute of the last match. Bonus point for my Mansfield prediction? :wink: